New wood shed. Pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
Reaction score
Okay, so it's not really a shed. It's a carport. But it doubles as a wood storage shed. :rock:

Since the 4 wheeler is currently apart in the garage, I'm not going to let my ole girl sit out in the rain and snow.

My 18'x21' carport was installed this morning.

I'll be adding sides whenever I get around to it.

Getting started...
WP_000147.jpg

Finished. Matches the house well.
WP_000149.jpg

I was afraid I'd have to park my truck dead center to clear. But I can park close enough to not be able to full open my door. As you can see my driveway needs more stone. I'd like to get a load in to level out the floor in the carport and extend the approach to my garage.
WP_000150.jpg

WP_000151.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, not my work. When you order one through American Steel Carports, Inc they have to have their installers put it up or you don't get any kind of warranty.

And yes, once I got some stone on the ground I'll be adding pallets. All the wood that's on the ground next to it will be inside and seasoning for next year. I've got about 13 cords stacked in the walkout.

I plan on installing an OWB next year. The carport will house the OWB and a good amount of wood. Might end up with another carport added onto the rear of this one for more storage next year.

How is it fastened to the ground? I had a 10X20 tent garage (we call them Montreal garages?) that decided one beautiful fall day to go and visit my neighbors, across the road. Had a damner of a time dragging it back in 500 mile an hour winds.

looks like a pretty nice set up..you gonna leave it open on the sides ? I've covered my wood shed on all four sides and now i'm pissin' up a rope tryin' to get air moving over/thru my wood..in years past i was fightin' the winter weather freezing my wood and digging it out of the snow,,it's a work in progress..

Price? I mere $795 + tax. That's delivered, installed, everything. Your choice of 13 colors. I didn't think that was unreasonable.

It is held fast with six 4-ft rebar stakes. You can upgrade to mobile home anchors for like $80 more, but the dealer I ordered from has the same port on display in their front yard for 9 years with the rebar stakes and it's still holding fast. With my port being out in the open as it is, I'd like to add atleast 4 more stakes to ensure it won't tumbleweed across the yard.

We've had some very nasty winds here in the past few years.

As far as enclosing it, I'd like to enclose it on 3 sides except for the bottom 2 foot or so that way air can flow freely.

I wouldn't worry about warranty for that kind of money. And I would redneck the heck out of it. Concrete some taller posts in the ground and raise that baby up in the air. Room for your truck and your wood. I would also lazy redneck it and cut a hole in the roof so my conveyor would drop the wood right in, no stacking. That was a good deal.

I wouldn't worry about warranty for that kind of money. And I would redneck the heck out of it. Concrete some taller posts in the ground and raise that baby up in the air. Room for your truck and your wood. I would also lazy redneck it and cut a hole in the roof so my conveyor would drop the wood right in, no stacking. That was a good deal.

Haha that would fit right in around here!

My truck belongs in the garage, and she's going back in there as soon as my quad is put back together. I need it for hauling wood around the yard anyways.

Looks good. That $795 deal from American steel is awesome. A lot of people in my area have them.
Where are you at in NW Ohio? I'm in Montpelier.

Looks good. That $795 deal from American steel is awesome. A lot of people in my area have them.

I'm in Edgerton! I'm actually clearing about a miles worth of ditchbank North of Edon along the tollroad. SHouldn't be too far from where you're at.

Good deal, I shopped for months…best price I could find was at Manards and it was around $650.00 for a 11’X18’. I picked it up and also assembled it. I bought two of them and put them end to end. Works great.

It looks like they should have installed the carport a few feet closer to your house and your wood pile would have already been under roof :msp_thumbup:

$795 and they put it together...that's incredible!

ps if you want it mostly for wood I wouldn't put sides on it. Looks great.

For that kind of coin I'd trade in my white trash special and upgrade.
View attachment 213121

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back