newbie here; need help in many ways

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Count

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hello guys, I am an PhD student and I occasionally supplement my scholarship working at a local company that is into gardens, orchard maintenance, lawn and in general exterior design.

I made an effort and bought myself a 346XP to be able to buck firewood and fall few trees for money.
I will need a 70cc saw soon,and a top handle(far from happening) but atm I`m more in the need of climbing equipment.
I have relatives in USA that can buy it for me and send it.
however money is a big issue so i`m asking you: what`s the cheapest gear I can buy and still keep me alive and allow me to earn some extra money.
i don`t know how lucrative the business will be but the niche is empty as I see it and i could fill that void.
Thanks.
any other tip is much appreciated: tutorials, books, any king of knowledge.
any www of new&cheap&decent or used gear would help alot.

Are you going to be climbing?

If you are looking for the least expensive yet advanced climbing system, a lot can be found right here.

I`m looking for the least amount yet enough to get me started.
where exactly is "here"?

wesspur.com has a basic rope climbing kit for $360 and includes the Tree Climber’s Companion by Jeff Jepson, an excellent little book that covers all the basics of getting into a tree and working safely. From there all you need is some PPE, a top handled climbing saw, and maybe a set of climbing spurs if your going to be doing removals. Ebay is also a good place to find certain gear but if your personal safety is your top priority I would recommend going new with most of the life support gear.

wesspur.com has a basic rope climbing kit for $360 and includes the Tree Climber’s Companion by Jeff Jepson, an excellent little book that covers all the basics of getting into a tree and working safely. From there all you need is some PPE, a top handled climbing saw, and maybe a set of climbing spurs if your going to be doing removals. Ebay is also a good place to find certain gear but if your personal safety is your top priority I would recommend going new with most of the life support gear.

I got that book. the second edition they say. good book in deed
thanks.

Back