Newbie question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brush Hog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to expand my small landscape company into tree work. Is it possible to get your arborist cert. without a whole lot of tree smarts ? I've got a good amount of time behind the saw with removals and can tell some tree's but not that many. I would like to work on this so next year I can add to list of services. Also how many of you do work in the rain ? I'm sitting here watching showers slowly but surely kill my work day again:mad: . Maybe I'll switch to tree work and get rid of mowing stuff. Just do landscape construction and tree work:confused: .
Thanks Pete

Maybe go work for someone on the side a little while get the hang of it and then do it with your landscaping.
Equipment you will need:

12" Diesel, DRUM, Chipper (Morbark, Brush Bandit, Vermeer, Discone, Woodsman)
1 ton or larger dump with inclosed top & sides
several chainsaws (Stihl or Husky)
Self Propelled stump grinder
If you have the money 60'-75' bucket truck
INSURANCE

BTW there are lots of tree guys on here from CT look around and ask one for help or if you can work for them for a little while.

Your name looks familiar for another site with a nice avatar I asked about;) . Yeah I thought about working part-time for someone. I would like to get license because one local guy likes to report anyone with a chainsaw in their truck or cutting down a tree . I've got two things on the list truck and saws. I've got a good friend that is a branch manager for United Rentals that gives me great rental rates for chipper and stump grinder. I was also looking to take Arbormaster classes but lost track of time and missed them. Oh well always next year

Brush Hog said:
I'm looking to expand my small landscape company into tree work. Is it possible to get your arborist cert. without a whole lot of tree smarts ? I've got a good amount of time behind the saw with removals and can tell some tree's but not that many. I would like to work on this so next year I can add to list of services. Also how many of you do work in the rain ? I'm sitting here watching showers slowly but surely kill my work day again:mad: . Maybe I'll switch to tree work and get rid of mowing stuff. Just do landscape construction and tree work:confused: .
Thanks Pete
or you planning to practice in ct?

jmack, yes I plan on working here in CT. Why ?? Guess I'll brush up on tree's and get the cert. book along with Arbormaster classes.

Back