Newest addition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Carberry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is my latest addition to the Pioneer collection. Its an 1120 and in very nice shape only took a carb kit to run. I cut that pile of red oak with no trouble at all! A great saw:D

That saw is in nice shape, the paint looks really good to. What year was it made?

Nifty looking saw. So that's the Pioneer that still has its paint? :)

I've been hitting mowers more now. '65 and '86 Lawn Boys will be running soon, and the Flymo's almost back on its feet (cushion).

Half of one with a burned piston. I was going to save it but couldnt find a piston anywhere, so now I think I will save it for parts for my old man's SEZ which I covet more than any saw.

I already pilfered the carb for this saw, but it doesnt run well yet, I think the crank seal leaks:(

How does that compare with the 1110? I need some parts.

Thanks for the compliments:D The 1120 was made from 1966-67 58.1cc's. Yeah this saw is holding onto its paint pretty well. Seems to be thicker than later models.

Nice blue EZ Huskyman! Looks like it will be an easy fixer upper. I have a SEZ that I need to get running sometime.

Jwoods,
I have some parts that will work for your 1110 let me know what you need. 1110 was the very first of this series an shares many parts with the later models.

Nice addition to you collection. How many Pioneers do you have now? I was up to 4 but sold 2, a p-60 and p-40. Sold them to buddies who also love Pioneer saws so i can still visit them. I'm replacing them with a Husky385 with mods form Dennis. It will be my first Husky and first saw with mods. I'm curious to se how the new Husky compares to the P-60.

Yeah I think it has decent snort, a lot more than my Homelite XL2.
Not as light, though.

My father in law has the Husky 23 compact, the orange Poulan XXV, and it handles wood up to 16" without too much trouble.
My 009 would start spitting parts on anything over 6"

You know, I have a Craftsman Poulan XXV (model under the 25) that I like more than my 011. Easier to handle and feels like more grunt.

Originally posted by paul hill
Nice addition to you collection. How many Pioneers do you have now? I was up to 4 but sold 2, a p-60 and p-40. Sold them to buddies who also love Pioneer saws so i can still visit them. I'm replacing them with a Husky385 with mods form Dennis. It will be my first Husky and first saw with mods. I'm curious to se how the new Husky compares to the P-60.

Paul,
I have 6 now the 1120,1100, P50 ,P40, P28 and my oldest an IEL Pioneer HC. Good luck on your husky I may get one sometime but my Pioneers do very well for the wood I cut.

New addition

Pioneer that is a great looking 1120 you have added to your collection. There is nothing like bringing home a new member of the family. Here is a picture of my latest addition. It is a IEL 52 Super Twin. The other saw is my IEL Super Pioneer 52
Just picked up a David Bradley for trade material and still looking.

P62- Nice saw there.

Pioneer: Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it when I get time.

Anyone have an NU-17? I have one on the shelf. -One ugly saw!!

Jwoods yes I have one of them and also have several of the 400 450 and 550
They were all the same style. The NU17 was the newest and the 550 was the next size up. They are not a easy to work on.

"Not an easy saw to work on" -That's why mine is on the shelf. I keep it for the proverbial "rainy day", or better yet, monsoon season. :p

Lookin for some information

Can Anyone Help? Been lookin for a while on the internet for this Old Chainsaw that my dad has, and havent found anything on it. My dad has a IEL Pioneer Serial No. HC 5207. Made in Vancouver B.C., Canada. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx:D

I saw a Pioneer 500 saw at a pawn shop. I didn't look at it that close but I don't think it said Partner on it but at Chainsaw Collector Corner it shows that the 500 is a Pioneer/Partner. This saw didn't look like the ones in the pics but it could have been an older model. I saw in one post something about bad paint, this saw had odd looking paint on it. I think it was grey speckled. The saw didn't look bad but they wanted $125.00 which I think is way too high. Can you still get parts for these?

Latest posts

Back