Next project.......Homelite Zip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrhjd318

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A relative has ask me to take a look at a Homelite Zip his father purchased new back in the day. It has been stored in an old shed for years. Aside from the general practices to get an old saw going again,does anyone have any Zip specific advise or suggestions,problem areas to watch for,ect? I am currently looking for manuals,looking on Acres site, and Ebay to get familiar with what I'm dealing with. He would like for it to run again and have detailed cleanup,but if it's a basket case mechanically, I will make it lok nice for a shelf queen in his good garage building. Thanks,Jimmy

Clean and gap the points.Clean and gap the coil from the flywheel. Now you should have spark. Clean and put a kit in the carb, new fuel line plus filter in tank and clean tank. Should crank and run with perhaps a bit of carb adjustment. Lemme know if compression is weak. I think I have a piston and cyl. for it. I'm in South Boston, Va., just off 58
Igpoe:cheers:

Thanks for response, I had never heard of a "Zip" until friday. The relative is bringing it to me Tues. I don't know exact condition yet, It has been stored away,out of sight/mind for years. He would be very happy if I get it running/cutting, but I'm not under pressure or getting paid to tinker with it, just something to work on. I have posted under "beg for manuals" with no answer yet,however I can get manuals on CD for 13 bucks on Ebay if I have to. I see some parts including carb kits on there as well,that makes me feel better. Jimmy

Go to the stickies section. In there is a Homelite thread. Those guys and gals that monitor/watch that thread will help you. Once you get it, ask all the questions you have. Someone will help you.

Go to the stickies section. In there is a Homelite thread. Those guys and gals that monitor/watch that thread will help you. Once you get it, ask all the questions you have. Someone will help you.

Ok thanks! I'll go check out that thread. Jimmy

Back