Next time you're feelin' down and blue...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Crazy, to much of that going on now days; sometimes it's best to walk away from things that are more than likely meaningless once a person calms down. Like it was pointed out, now both lives are over with, when does a loss become a win?? Sad for both sides.

Iska3, you said it best in this worst case scenario...losses plus losses never equal a positive. When the details all unravel, I'm assuming here, but I bet this young man lost his life, again, over a bunch of nothing. Whitespider, hope you're dealing with this loss, for lack of better words, as best you can, and it's an insurmountable idea on my behalf to even begin to think how the immediate family is coping at this moment. May your friends son rest in peace.

There's been a few more details from my friend... who had met the neighbor several times.
It seems his son's neighbor is a vet, 30 years old, diagnosed with PTSD, and has had some arrests involving drugs and assault (at a few different levels).
(Now... before I say more... my friend's son has also had some run-ins with law-enforcement...but so have I.)
Anyway... he was found dead inside his home. All blood was found inside his home.

This is coming from my friend the father...
"The man was a loose cannon... someone who slipped through the cracks."

According to news reports the shooter called his girlfriend and told her he had killed his neighbor... she called 911.
The chances of ever knowing what actually sparked this and caused it to happened are astronomical... it will just remain senselessness to most of us.

The mother is on sedatives...
No one knows when the body will be released from evidence...
And, honestly... there's a circle of friends in complete shock over this.
Saturday is the "visitation" at the funeral home (body or no body released)... no actual funeral scheduled at this time.
I have not built up the courage to ask where the (several) gunshots hit... i.e., if there's a possibility of an open casket (I'll likely never ask).

The only way this could be harder is if it was my own boy.
I know others have been somewhere similar or worse... but the agony in the eyes... it melts your metal.

There's been a few more details from my friend... who had met the neighbor several times.
It seems his son's neighbor is a vet, 30 years old, diagnosed with PTSD, and has had some arrests involving drugs and assault (at a few different levels).
(Now... before I say more... my friend's son has also had some run-ins with law-enforcement...but so have I.)
Anyway... he was found dead inside his home. All blood was found inside his home.

This is coming from my friend the father...
"The man was a loose cannon... someone who slipped through the cracks."

According to news reports the shooter called his girlfriend and told her he had killed his neighbor... she called 911.
The chances of ever knowing what actually sparked this and caused it to happened are astronomical... it will just remain senselessness to most of us.

The mother is on sedatives...
No one knows when the body will be released from evidence...
And, honestly... there's a circle of friends in complete shock over this.
Saturday is the "visitation" at the funeral home (body or no body released)... no actual funeral scheduled at this time.
I have not built up the courage to ask where the (several) gunshots hit... i.e., if there's a possibility of an open casket (I'll likely never ask).

The only way this could be harder is if it was my own boy.
I know others have been somewhere similar or worse... but the agony in the eyes... it melts your metal.
I can't give this a like but we'll keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Whitespider, as a Marine who has seen his fair share of combat, and smelled death firsthand,...I served for 8 yrs, encompassing the first Persian Gulf War, the PTSD, that was not really heard of back then, has to be addressed...but it has to start with the individual. I have no idea if this young 30 yr old sought any treatment or otherwise. I feared that it might've had something to do with drugs on the shooters behalf, just didn't know until your last post. Not passing judgement here, but seems so many of our vets, for obvious combat tour reasons, come back and have zero support as far as the VA goes, and then when they can't find employment, their lives go south. It's what's wrong with America. Hell, it was front page news for so long, now it's on the rear pages and the new VA head is now gettin grilled for lying about his own actions in the military. It's a damn disgrace. I'm in no way, shape or form justifying what this young man did, and I want to make myself very clear on that...but our govt needs to get their heads outta their asses and treat these young men and women who need help and who signed up to serve them (the horseshit govt)...and hell, I'm a DoD employee now.

I don't want to get off on any further govt crap, it's irrelevant right now. Stay strong Whitespider for your good friend and his family who lost their son. I wouldn't wish your friends shoes, much less yours you're wearing now, on no one. A young mans life is gone, two families are now forever victims of a useless, tragic scenario. From a Marine combat veterans' point of view...be strong for your friend and his family. May they find peace at some point in all this.

Guys, been there, not as horrible, lost our only son on the operating table, to have a knee replaced. Sorry, got something in my eye. Peace.

Sorry for your loss Joe. I don't know what else to even fathom to say. Peace brother for you and your family.

Latest posts

Back