Next years firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
all piled up and ready to burn in about a year:clap:
nextyears.JPG

I never stop cutting

just stop storing.

I have this years and next years wood stored, anymore then that the bugs start getting busy..:poke:

Now its time to get the Bur Oak

Last edited:
I bet you feel a great sense of accomplishment - I know I always feel great seeing the big stacks of fuel I've split for the coming winter.

I'm in much the same place now, woodwise with about 5 cords stacked in the barn and about 1.5 cords getting a nice summer tan in my dooryard. Not gonna stop gathering and cuttiing, though. Now's a good time to begin stocking up for 2010.

PS, I wish I had that much ash in my pile. Full disclosure - my pile contains about a half cord of cottonwood. Not too proud to admit it.

nice stack there. i got a good pile going myself. im definatly into the next years supply for sure. i got a ton of old maple for this winter i got free. im not sure how fast its gonna burn as its been down a while. im expecting to use more than i normally do cuse of its age. but you cant beat the price.

the wife dosent get the pride i take in my woodpile lol. every now and then i saw honey look at the pile!!! thats a damn nice pile lol. ill have to take some pics sometime. i still got more to split here but its been so damn hot i dont wanna do it.

I just got a call from my local tree service guy. The boss, who usually gives away the wood for free (because he has to pay $300 a truckload for disposal) wants to charge me now. So much for free wood anymore. Where have you been getting yours?

The beauty of free wood, is that if you get enough for free, then, when you have to pay a little for it, the average is still in your favor. It's still better than scrounging.

I never stop cutting. I slow down on my cutting in the summertime but spend more time cutting grass instead. Don't want to overheat the saws either. I like cutting in the winter just because I don't sweat as bad... I can get more firewood cut on a 50 degree day than I can on an 80 degree day.

just stop storing.

I have this years and next years wood stored, anymore then that the bugs start getting busy..:poke:

Now its time to get the Bur Oak

I'm interested to know how much damage the bugs do.

I've considered putting 7 full cords in a shed, and I'm wondering if I might run into this problem.

Back