NGK spark plug compatibility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlboy

Guess who's back
Reaction score
hey guys i just scored a case of BPM-6A plugs and a few BPM-7A plugs, will these work in my Stihl's and all of my other saws??????

Last edited:
Because it helps protect your ignition, and the electronics assumes it's installed. Yes, pretty much any plug will make spark, but..

Considering a plug lasts 300 - 500+ hours... just buy the correct plug once a decade;)

Why would you need a resistor plug in a chainsaw? Not saying you don't, just don't know why you would. Honest question here.

my reply to andys post was originally" and that means what to me???" i thought that made me look ignorant, but i also want to know what it will do

I know at work I was told resistor plugs in 4 strokes make them easier to start. Ive had guys tell me they had a hard time starting mower til they switched to resistor type. I believe Champion sells easy start plugs and they are resistor type. Im guessing same applies to 2 cycle engines. Im not a Stihl tech but those nonresistor plugs are the same heat range so should work if you needed to.:clap:

Because it helps protect your ignition, and the electronics assumes it's installed. Yes, pretty much any plug will make spark, but..

Considering a plug lasts 300 - 500+ hours... just buy the correct plug once a decade;)

once a decade umm once every 2 mos

hi Jacob J whats your input??

Last edited:
once a decade umm once every 2 mos

hi Jacob J whats your input??

2 months=approx.60 days
8 hr work day= x8hrs
Total =480 hrs.
You run your saws 8 hrs a day,7days a week,everyday including,as my neighbor says, The day of rest,Sunday. Thats crazy,your arms must be huge.:cheers:

2 months=approx.60 days
8 hr work day= x8hrs
Total =480 hrs.
You run your saws 8 hrs a day,7days a week,everyday including,as my neighbor says, The day of rest,Sunday. Thats crazy,your arms must be huge.:cheers:

i have "Popeye's forearms" from running these stihls but my plugs last bout 250 hours and sawing wood is my job i run my saw about 38 hours a week its very hard on you but its great money

Last edited:
i have "Popeye's forearms" from running these stihls but my plugs last bout 250 hours and sawing wood is my job i run my saw about 38 hours a week its very hard on you but its great money

So... the correct plug costs you a penny per hour... and the money is great, so...:monkey: ;)

I see all types of plugs in saws in for service... and most have run, but they all end up in the big bucket. Manfs don't randomly choose a plug for their equipment, and the cost is so low it's not worth messing with anything else (IMO..).

Latest posts

Back