Nice hot bed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdoggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is what my stove's bed of coals looked like before I threw another log on the fire before bed and what the temp in the room was inside and out:laugh: . Try to get a house that warm with out wood heat :laugh: :buttkick: take that electric and gas heat :buttkick:.
DCFN0001-2.jpg

DCFN0007.jpg

No its 88 inside and 31 degrees fahrenheit outside

88 inside? How can you stand that? anything warmer than 78 drives me crazy

Must be the further north you go the thicker your blood gets. Here I am roasting if the house gets to 72. I stayed at a Hotel in Canada and the room never went above 55. That was chilly. But the beer was fantastic.

If the temp in our house gets down to 78 my wife complains that it's cold. Normal house temp in the winter 82-85F I love wood heat

Anything above 72 and I'm hating life...

I sleep with a fan pointed directly at me through winter :laugh:

88 degrees???

Good gawd, I'd be throwing furniture through the windows. At 78 degrees I can barely stay in the room, at 80 degrees, I'm outta there, down to the "cool" end of the house.

88 Degrees and I'd call the fire department!

Christ, I don't think our house has seen anything over 65 since the beginning of October. I'm guessing I would be sitting out in the snow typing this right now if it was 88 degrees in the house!!

Usually I don't let it get that warm because I have the overhead fan going and a large squirrel cage blower that's pointed into my room that I run for about a hour or two before I go to bed.

Last edited:
88 in the house, way too warm and I'm outside sleeping on the porch. Hmmm, then why did I bust my butt cutten the tree, draggen it out of the woods, limbing it, bucking it, picking the rounds up, taking them to the splitter, stacking, and then dragging the splits into the house to put in the stove to keep the inside of the house warm. I better start using that damper more efficiently. Isn't wood heat great, warms you a dozen times before it even hits the stove, then, you're opening windows cause it's like a sauna inside. LOVE IT!!

:cheers: :cheers:

I keep our place 65 year round. Wife runs around in a sweater and covers up with my North face Snowshoe sleeping bag watching TV. I'd melt at 88 *:jawdrop:

Must be really dry in the house. 88 is way too high-you'll wind up getting sick. I try to keep a steady 72-74 degrees, nice and cozy. But not unbearable. You must go through a lot of wood, huh?

Don't know how you guys put up with those temps. 67 is just right. I got the window open now.

Thanks for reminding me to refill my pot O water before bed.
And yes I do crack the window at night before bed (nothing like night time air) it not only helps cool things off a little but it helps me sleep.

Last edited:
In vermont

here when it gets cold-10 the stove starts to realy work and I end up with the covers on to keep cool I've seen it over 100 when the stove gets going on a good hard piece of wood. damm I hate wood heat.:clap: :hmm3grin2orange: :bowdown:

Latest posts

Back