Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one I came up with. Would make me a nice golfing hat, if I ever play golf again..:D

PoulanCap_zpscd2c8f05.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Gregg, that's a good looking design also. I got the black mesh back hats because I can make a nice light colored hat like that look like crap in a very short time and figured I wasn't the only one with that problem.

The mesh is also good for hotheads like me.:msp_rolleyes:

Here is one I came up with. Would make me a nice golfing hat, if I ever play golf again..:D

PoulanCap_zpscd2c8f05.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

That's nice looking hat Gregg. Unfortunately, I'm also like Mark and turn any hat black in a short period no matter how careful I am. The nice thing about a black hat as well is you could put an 8500 on it and would only have to pay for the green thread for the handle and the silver for the bar (ghost saw).

That's nice looking hat Gregg. Unfortunately, I'm also like Mark and turn any hat black in a short period no matter how careful I am. The nice thing about a black hat as well is you could put an 8500 on it and would only have to pay for the green thread for the handle and the silver for the bar (ghost saw).

once you get them dirtied,post them on ebai as "used truckers hat". they go for top dolla,lol.

Mark,
I would also buy one. Haven't posted much but Have 6 Poulans
and follow what you guys are doing.
I also missed out on last falls GTG and looks like it was a great time for everyone.

Noted!!

I dont have time right this minute to keep track, might try for a role call this weekend maybe.

i picked this one up from her original owner, gentleman was kind enough to give me the manual, extra chain files, well you get the picture. View attachment 279052View attachment 279053View attachment 279055

Nice ole war horse, hows she run?

Hopefully I can do some saw work this weekend, but this Dodge has been giving me fits, was leaking antifreeze after I done all the work to it this weekend. Finally got a pressure tester today and found the culprit and got it fixed. Who would have thought that the thermostat wasnt seating down in the recess in the block? Seems it was a smidge too big around. Had to file it down to fit.

Might have noticed it to begin with if I man could actually see back into where it is. :msp_rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope to get on this 47 this weekend, get a bar fixed up for it and fix the oiler to see how it runs.

Nice ole war horse, hows she run?

Hopefully I can do some saw work this weekend, but this Dodge has been giving me fits, was leaking antifreeze after I done all the work to it this weekend. Finally got a pressure tester today and found the culprit and got it fixed. Who would have thought that the thermostat wasnt seating down in the recess in the block? Seems it was a smidge too big around. Had to file it down to fit.

Might have noticed it to begin with if I man could actually see back into where it is. :msp_rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope to get on this 47 this weekend, get a bar fixed up for it and fix the oiler to see how it runs.

Dang!!!

And I thought you wuz a mekanick!
When did you start having to be able to see???LOL

Mike

Drive link number

I'm likely going to pick up a couple of used 28" bars for the 5200 and a 5 cube Peterborough saw this weekend. One of the bars is a Windsor bar and all the Windsors I have don't have the drive link count on them. Is there an accepted way to calculate the number of drive links for a particular bar? I don't have any 28" chains and finding a dealer with a 28" chain around here is not an option.
I guess failing an easy method I could split a crap chain and lay it on the bar and mark the end drive link locations and then around the rim and match up the ends to the mark. I would put the adjuster a little more than halfway back.

Thanks

Tim

I'm likely going to pick up a couple of used 28" bars for the 5200 and a 5 cube Peterborough saw this weekend. One of the bars is a Windsor bar and all the Windsors I have don't have the drive link count on them. Is there an accepted way to calculate the number of drive links for a particular bar? I don't have any 28" chains and finding a dealer with a 28" chain around here is not an option.
I guess failing an easy method I could split a crap chain and lay it on the bar and mark the end drive link locations and then around the rim and match up the ends to the mark. I would put the adjuster a little more than halfway back.

Thanks

Tim

Should be 92DL. That's 'standard' for 3/8" chain on our older Green/Yellow/Red saws with 28" bars. Usually 6 drivers beyond the tail end of the bar (going around the sprocket) works fine. 28" Stihl bars are usually 91DL.....................and 28" Husky bars are usually 93DL...

Latest posts

Back