Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would think thats the case Mike.:msp_scared: LOL I havn't ordered any YET. I might at some point, but its an expensive endeavor I just don't have the funds for at the moment. I came up with another version, in black, that I thought I might try also. See what ya think of this one.

PoulanCap4_zps9ff2aa3b.jpg

John, I wish there was an easy, abundant supply of those S-clips out there. I need more of those also. Its amazing how many Windsor type bars I have that could use them. I think I have two of them clips. There must be thousands of those things out there just laying around in old timers tool boxes, barns, sheds, etc. A fella could probably get into the hat and S-clip business, LOL Neither a money making business, unfortunately.

:cheers:
Gregg,

As many people want those things I may start making a few up. They're not that hard to make. Talking about the S clips, I wouldn't have any idea of how to make a hat.

You would think thats the case Mike.:msp_scared: LOL I havn't ordered any YET. I might at some point, but its an expensive endeavor I just don't have the funds for at the moment. I came up with another version, in black, that I thought I might try also. See what ya think of this one.

Gregg,

MAN!!!

You guys missed your calling!
Maybe you should have been hat designers.
I'd never have thought you two gorillas could do that well after looking at you.
Guess it's true..................can't judge a sensitive hat designing man by looking at him!:msp_tongue:

Mike

3D26AA3F-4141-4D03-BA50-FACEF6970B72-5658-00000396539A0FB3_zpsabe467fb.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Holy crap!!! you have a crop circle inside your muffler!!:hmm3grin2orange:

I had checked into making hats like in my avatar online. After seeing min order of 12 and cost I dropped my idea. I do use a local shirt and hat place to make me up stuff 1 at a time when requested.

Kevin, what helped me to make it affordable is the fact I got them through the place that does all the stuff (thousands of $) for the company I work for so there was no setup fee etc and a pretty good price for quality Made in USA stuff.

Kevin, what helped me to make it affordable is the fact I got them through the place that does all the stuff (thousands of $) for the company I work for so there was no setup fee etc and a pretty good price for quality Made in USA stuff.

That's very cool.

Put me down for one of the black hats with green poulan like you showed.

View attachment 279483

My name's Eric and I've been lurking for a while. These are my Poulans. Mind If I hang with you guys?

I will need some parts for the 4400 somewhere along the way. The front handle is mangled pretty bad from something landing on it. Currently I am fighting a leaking plug. Appears to have had a heli-coil installed and has a bad surface for the gasket to seal for the plug.

Ok boys and girls, I had a new hat made up. Tell me what you guys think, should I get some more done?

attachment.php

Here is one I came up with. Would make me a nice golfing hat, if I ever play golf again..:D

PoulanCap_zpscd2c8f05.jpg

Gregg,

:
Gregg,

I had no idea we had so many graphic artists in the group. Those are all great looking hats.

View attachment 279483

My name's Eric and I've been lurking for a while. These are my Poulans. Mind If I hang with you guys?

I will need some parts for the 4400 somewhere along the way. The front handle is mangled pretty bad from something landing on it. Currently I am fighting a leaking plug. Appears to have had a heli-coil installed and has a bad surface for the gasket to seal for the plug.

Welcome Eric.

I like the color of your saws. I didn't read ahead and just looked at the pic first and thought you must be one tough man if you can handle that 4400 without a handlebar.

You might consider something like this to fix the plug hole. + TIME-SERT® SPARK PLUG THREAD REPAIR KITS + spark plug stripped thread repair kits for spark plug problems, thread stripped spark plug repairs in damaged threads in spark plug hole stripped out approved thread repair, aluminum head spark plug repair. They have the plug seat on the insert

Handle bars are still out there to be had easily (both new 530022266 and old 530022239 styles)

View attachment 279483

Welcome aboard, they will except you with open arms. i have only been here a few months and they have not kicked me out yet:rock:

I'm hopping the local small engine repair has the time-cert tools so I wouldn't have to buy the whole kit. Unless I'm not reading correctly it looks very expensive.

Finally Moved on

I finally moved on from my stuck in the rut 20" bars. Got this 28" Windsor in an HU (D009) mount for my 5200 (it is on the 4200). The real reason I picked it up was so my wife could buy me something reasonably priced for my birthday, like a chain for the bar.

DSCF78081_zpse140aa09.jpg

I finally moved on from my stuck in the rut 20" bars. Got this 28" Windsor in an HU (D009) mount for my 5200 (it is on the 4200). The real reason I picked it up was so my wife could buy me something reasonably priced for my birthday, like a chain for the bar.

Good of you to have her best interest at heart! :)

Back