Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
piston pin tool

thats a pretty good pin tool,,, does the piston get scratched or nicked in the pipe? i just bored a hole with a hole saw thru a piece of soft pine, then sliced the wood in half so i had 2 blocks with half circles in then, then i drilled a hole thru the bottom of teh half circle, so the pin could be pushed out,, i use it on a small drill press and it worked well teh few times i needed it,,,,,,,,,,

That looks like it will work fine!
Do you mind if I steal your idea?
You have posted that on the group page haven't you???

Yes it worked fine.
No, I don't mind, I stole the idea from the factory tool :)
No not yet, I keep forgetting about the new group:dizzy:

And no it don't scratch or nick the piston, I made sure its insides was smooth without burrs or knicks.

Oh and the wife just walked in and told me that my daughter called and just got the 4000 to the UPS man today, so I should see it by next week.

Last edited:
Calvin,

Click on "user cp"

Go to social groups and click on that

Go to the Poulan Lovers group and join up, we will be glad to have you amongst us!

Mike

yeah, i picked it up for $10 at the flea market this morning. not sure if it needs anything i have not really looked over at all yet.

I'm pretty sure that I'd like flea markets in South Carolina.

Nice score!

:cheers:

I had to pass up

nice ms361 $200 i did not quite have $200 with me :bang:
used 435 $75
fs90 turned pole saw $160
026 $275
pile of other junk....

Last edited:
Yes it worked fine.
No, I don't mind, I stole the idea from the factory tool :)
No not yet, I keep forgetting about the new group:dizzy:

And no it don't scratch or nick the piston, I made sure its insides was smooth without burrs or knicks.

Oh and the wife just walked in and told me that my daughter called and just got the 4000 to the UPS man today, so I should see it by next week.

Like it . Looks exactly like the one in the service manual. Great job!!!!

Like it . Looks exactly like the one in the service manual. Great job!!!!

I agree! great job on that tool, Will definately try and make one before I do another Poulan piston job. And, with CAD setting in, Im sure there will be another job. :dizzy: If it was pretty..I couldn't afford it or make it, lol

Gregg,

I'll post some pics of me old 4000 cv, love this saw. Gonna pull the muffler and have a look for the first time here.

Here is a <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?zmeyzmoqewx">download link</a> to some Poulan History for anyone that is interested.

:cheers:

Well I have no Poulans of merit, but I have learned alot by tearing them apart and playing with the newer consumer versions. I generally listen an learn when talking about saws, an just throw in smart @$$ comments on fringe issues.
I will offer this up, I bought a reconditioned 4620 AVX and I am surprised at how it runs and cuts. I do not dare to compare it to other saws, but feel it and my 2150 earned their modest cost. I have had some craftsman and poulans that I would shoot as soon as look at.

I have 10 hours of work on the 4620 and the funky chain tensioner is working fine. Everybody rails on this set up and I expect it will strip out on me at some point. I have heard there is option to buy a retrofit brake & tensioner turning it back into a 295, but I was unable to locate it at ordertree. Anyone have a part number or web site?

Thank you for any assistance.

Well I have no Poulans of merit, but I have learned alot by tearing them apart and playing with the newer consumer versions. I generally listen an learn when talking about saws, an just throw in smart @$$ comments on fringe issues.
I will offer this up, I bought a reconditioned 4620 AVX and I am surprised at how it runs and cuts. I do not dare to compare it to other saws, but feel it and my 2150 earned their modest cost. I have had some craftsman and poulans that I would shoot as soon as look at.

I have 10 hours of work on the 4620 and the funky chain tensioner is working fine. Everybody rails on this set up and I expect it will strip out on me at some point. I have heard there is option to buy a retrofit brake & tensioner turning it back into a 295, but I was unable to locate it at ordertree. Anyone have a part number or web site?

Thank you for any assistance.

try my parts lookup place located http://www.cmengineparts.com and once there click on buy oem parts then click on poulan weedeater then chainsaws and so on and so on it should be having your model series on there

I got a 3000 for free, it needed an AV and a pulse line. I now have $7 into the saw. Modded the muffler and retuned the carb. That saw changed how I feel about Poulans! It absoultly rips! I love it, It is by far my favorite mid size saw.
CSW

Let's see the modded muffler....

Gramps old girl

100_1753.jpg

Latest posts

Back