Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Guys,

It looks like the old blind hog finally found an ear of corn!!!:D

Pulled the muffler on the 655 tonight and sure enough........big as life, straight across from the muffler was a boost port!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and good lucks, apparently they paid off.

Mike

Way to go Mike! :msp_thumbsup: After a diet of acorns, I bet that ear of corn tastes pretty good. For some reason though...The pictures aren't showing up.:mad:

:hmm3grin2orange:
Gregg,

Got a running Poulan 47 here, and dang if it dont run rather well. Cleaned up nice as well. Still waiting on a couple little things for it, the oiler and stop buttons and a oil cap. Too bad the clutch side 47 emblem is missing.

The bar came in that batch of bars I got a short time back and I think it works out well on it. Ended up finding a 8 tooth 3/8s sprocket that I had here that fit it to be able to use a 3/8 .058 gauge chain on it instead of hunting all over for a .404 .058 chain.

attachment.php

Nice looking 47 Mark!! Mine still has its side plate, but was missing the plate on the cyl. cover.
I eventually found one though. I like the bucking spike too. Don't think I have ever seen one of those.

:cheers:
Gregg,

West coast CL find

Hi guys,

Found this, its my flavor, but on the wrong end of the country....

poulan 5200 chainsaw

Kids and wife are good, really glad to have nice weather.
Made 17 gallons of syrup, Shop renovations/additions are almost complete.....Inside anways.
nearing 200 hours on Kubota.

Mark, diggin the hat !!!!
How did you digitize the logo ?? If I could get that font (of the word poulan) I can engrave it in alum, stainless, endless.....
What really looks cool is when you make your part out of aluminum, paint it black, then engrave your logo, picture, etc....
I need a dxf. format

Keep your powder dry,
KJC:cool2:

Nice looking 47 Mark!! Mine still has its side plate, but was missing the plate on the cyl. cover.
I eventually found one though. I like the bucking spike too. Don't think I have ever seen one of those.

Gregg,

Gregg, that spike just came in the other day from ebay. Got it really cheap, no one else even bid on it, no one probably knew what it was. If I get time, I'll see if I can cut you out a copy of it. If you get a chance, I need a good close up picture of your clutch cover emblem, I might get one made up for it later.

Hi guys,

Found this, its my flavor, but on the wrong end of the country....

poulan 5200 chainsaw

Kids and wife are good, really glad to have nice weather.
Made 17 gallons of syrup, Shop renovations/additions are almost complete.....Inside anways.
nearing 200 hours on Kubota.

Mark, diggin the hat !!!!
How did you digitize the logo ?? If I could get that font (of the word poulan) I can engrave it in alum, stainless, endless.....
What really looks cool is when you make your part out of aluminum, paint it black, then engrave your logo, picture, etc....
I need a dxf. format

Keep your powder dry,
KJC:cool2:

Hey man, glad to see ya dropping in.

As for the logo, I dont know about that, just sent a picture of it to the folks who made the hats.

Nice 5200 you listed, I had seen that one but like you said a bit far from me. Now if I didnt already have a couple, would probably be after it. Price aint bad for a clean full wrap. Aint HomeliteJim near there?

Got a running Poulan 47 here, and dang if it dont run rather well. Cleaned up nice as well. Still waiting on a couple little things for it, the oiler and stop buttons and a oil cap. Too bad the clutch side 47 emblem is missing.

The bar came in that batch of bars I got a short time back and I think it works out well on it. Ended up finding a 8 tooth 3/8s sprocket that I had here that fit it to be able to use a 3/8 .058 gauge chain on it instead of hunting all over for a .404 .058 chain.

attachment.php

Hey, it wern't that dirty when I put him in the box.........................................................................:D

That roller nose looks way better on him than a funky bow would have.

B.T.W. Don't bother with the phone number on the dealer tag. Closed their doors years ago.

Carl.

Well Guys,

Pulled the muffler on the 655 tonight and sure enough........big as life, straight across from the muffler was a boost port!!!!

Mike

Congrats Mike. :rock:
If you need any parts, gimme a call or pm.
We need pictures also. :msp_thumbsup:

Gregg, that spike just came in the other day from ebay. Got it really cheap, no one else even bid on it, no one probably knew what it was. If I get time, I'll see if I can cut you out a copy of it. If you get a chance, I need a good close up picture of your clutch cover emblem, I might get one made up for it later.

Mark, I already sent Joe a scan of my 47 logo, so hopefully he will get them out soon. He still owes me a few decals.

Hey man, glad to see ya dropping in.

As for the logo, I dont know about that, just sent a picture of it to the folks who made the hats.

Nice 5200 you listed, I had seen that one but like you said a bit far from me. Now if I didnt already have a couple, would probably be after it. Price aint bad for a clean full wrap. Aint HomeliteJim near there?
Yea that 5200 looks nice, maybe I will inquire about it.

Its right by me too... I'm the idiot who posted it wondering if it was really worth the price.. oops.. Ad was just renewed, so still available..

Hey echoshawn,
Sorry about riding your case on that 5200 price thing. I was really more surprised that Husky you posted had only cut 2 cords in 2 1/2 years. It's all good.

Well Guys,

Mike

Congrats Mike. :rock:
If you need any parts, gimme a call or pm.
We need pictures also. :msp_thumbsup:

Sorry Mike, I guess you already called me. I'm terrible at checking my machine. :dizzy:
I'll call you back in a little bit.

Mark,
Here is a pic of that 47 cover plate. I tried my hand at painting the 5200 parts this morning. It warmed up some and wanted to paint it outside. Soon as I got stuff ready to go....the wind decided to howl. :cry: Oh well, I went ahead anyway. Was hard to get it on right, maybe a little heavy, fighting the wind..LOL but at least the parts are green now.

This was my first go at it. Wasn't sure how much paint to mix. I mixed 8oz. which didn't look like much in the gun. I got all the parts painted, and had about 1/2 of the paint left, little less. Will wait a couple days to let it cure a little before I start trying to get it put together.

5200paint003_zpse534d768.jpg

5200paint004_zps2dcf7dbe.jpg

5200paint005_zps95ef2f64.jpg

5200paint006_zps49df2d4d.jpg

Gregg,

Mark,
Here is a pic of that 47 cover plate. I tried my hand at painting the 5200 parts this morning. It warmed up some and wanted to paint it outside. Soon as I got stuff ready to go....the wind decided to howl. :cry: Oh well, I went ahead anyway. Was hard to get it on right, maybe a little heavy, fighting the wind..LOL but at least the parts are green now.

This was my first go at it. Wasn't sure how much paint to mix. I mixed 8oz. which didn't look like much in the gun. I got all the parts painted, and had about 1/2 of the paint left, little less. Will wait a couple days to let it cure a little before I start trying to get it put together.

Gregg,

Looks pretty good to me Gregg...

Thats good, let me know when you hear from Joe and he gets em done, I'll get one from him then. I know the original is a tin emblem, but a decal would be better then nothing.

He said he was going to try and make up both the tin piece and the decal for the 71A and 47. we shall see!!!

Looks pretty good to me Gregg...

Gregg, did you use the Mopar sublime green? I've always wondered how long the paint and hardener will last if you wait in between coats. We're you able to make use of the
Excess paint or was it trashed. Curious about the shelf life of the mixed paint if u wait in between coats. Btw, looks good.

Bob

Latest posts

Back