Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These days i pissed of with a similar saw,a Poulan 2250.I replaced everything including carb,gaskets,filters(fuel and air) plug,except the p/c which are 1 year old.Anyway,the saw didn't want to run properly.It was really hard to adjust and once it was hot,it restarted only with throttle.I finally found that the reason is the low compression.The p/c as i said are only one year old with probably no more than 20 tanks through them and the compresion is at about 110 maybe a little less when hot.I am looking for a p/c now.If someone have one just let me know.

Anyway,to your saw.Does your saw have good compresion?As for the line i think you have connected wrong the second line directly from the carb to tank.It is better to just block the returning line.

Compression is at 130, lines are correct as I have other saws set up the same way. Even tried swapping out the coil and spark plug, just for the heck of it, still the same....

Did anyone here win the unidentified Pioneer/Partner P65 / Poulan Pro 655 (I think that's what it was) from feePay?

I had some time to kill yesterday so I hit a two thrift stores, a pawn shop, & a resale shop. Only the resale shop had chainsaws, two Poulans.

Poulan 2150... complete...fairly clean/low hours...seemed to have great compression...have no idea about spark...price $80.00...I passed...IIRC these saws sold new for around $100.00?.

Poulan Wood Shark...no b&c...no clutch cover...worn sprocket...very little compression (no resistance using the recoil drop test, & I could easily turn the engine using the clutch/sprocket)...price $20.00...I passed...I might have offered $10.00 if it had had the clutch cover with a working CB, maybe $15.00 if it had had the CC & a good b&c.

Picked this up for cheap today, mostly for the bar, chain, air filter, bar cover and misc parts for my 285.

There is nothing on this saw to tell me which model it is. The piston is scored. The bore is close to 44mm, maybe a bit more.
Can anyone hazard a guess?
I appears to very complete and in good shape under all that grime except for the piston / cylinder issue and a burned through top cover.

IMG_0376_zps11566d30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi Tim,

Was that the one on Kijiji on the east side of TO for $30.00? I was tempted.

Regards,

Lee:rock:

This may sound insane, but does anyone have a 3300 P&C they're willing to part with....??

I just picked up the 2800 that was on ebay - if I can find a 3300 top end for it this'll be my 12th one. :msp_thumbup:

I saw that saw. Seems if it runs as good as the seller says, it would be a shame to modify it. I put a 3300 P&C on a 3000 case. I may have another 3300. If so I might swap you the 3300 on my 3000 for the'2800 P&c if its as good as the seller says. That would give me a 2800,3000 and 3300. I just have to figure out which of my 3000's has the 3300 P&C.

Did anyone here win the unidentified Pioneer/Partner P65 / Poulan Pro 655 (I think that's what it was) from feePay?

I had some time to kill yesterday so I hit a two thrift stores, a pawn shop, & a resale shop. Only the resale shop had chainsaws, two Poulans.

Poulan 2150... complete...fairly clean/low hours...seemed to have great compression...have no idea about spark...price $80.00...I passed...IIRC these saws sold new for around $100.00?.

Poulan Wood Shark...no b&c...no clutch cover...worn sprocket...very little compression (no resistance using the recoil drop test, & I could easily turn the engine using the clutch/sprocket)...price $20.00...I passed...I might have offered $10.00 if it had had the clutch cover with a working CB, maybe $15.00 if it had had the CC & a good b&c.

I was the third high bidder, I bid with thirty seconds left and had the high bid till the snip bids showed up, I would have bid more if I could tell for sure what it was. It could also be a p62 pioneer/partner. Oh well can't win em all.

Yep. I went to look at it and saw it had a scored piston, left, turned around, went back and bought it for the bar and chain, parts (air filter) etc.
Too bad it will never run again.

You never know Tim. Might get lucky and snag a good used (or NOS) PC (for that model, or one of the many others on that same chassis) cheap on feebay.

Anyone here like the Poulan 3750?

They're crap Kyle. Send it out my way for disposal.:cheers:

Carb governors

I have a Walbro WA 158 that happens to be attached to a new to me saw. It appears to have a governor on it (brass plug).
I understand that they richen the mixture past a certain RPM.
I have read that a number of you have defeated these. Is the reason something to do with poor running performance or so they can be tuned for high speed mixture?
I can't seem to get the the high speed mixture to where I can be sure I'm not running too lean.

I saw that saw. Seems if it runs as good as the seller says, it would be a shame to modify it. I put a 3300 P&C on a 3000 case. I may have another 3300. If so I might swap you the 3300 on my 3000 for the'2800 P&c if its as good as the seller says. That would give me a 2800,3000 and 3300. I just have to figure out which of my 3000's has the 3300 P&C.

Lemme know. ::thumbsup::

Compression is at 130, lines are correct as I have other saws set up the same way. Even tried swapping out the coil and spark plug, just for the heck of it, still the same....

I can't think of something else.Did you check the carb adapter?They are prone to crack due to the heat that harden them.Did you also check the saw for pressure vacuum?

I'll pull the cylinder off and see what kind of shape that's in after I go through the saw and if it can be saved, order a new piston for it. I have a PP500 that needs to get running well, I'm getting my 4200 prepped for paint and a 3800 that needs going through so I need to get them done first.

I'm hoping there is a PN on the cylinder so I can see what I've got as far as displacement goes. I think it may be a 3000 as that style of hand guard is shown only on that saw in the Sears IPL's.

Thanks for the replies.

I have craftsman 42/18 parts saw w/ decent p/c, is yours if u can use... can post pics if yer interested.

it is... my math's not too good today, if yours is 3.0, it should be 48cc?

I believe it is. 44 mm piston. There are no markings at all on the saw that show the model number.
It looks like a plated piston and bare aluminum bore.
I dumped the gas out of it today. No oil in the gas. That's what happens when you lend saws out to those that have no business using one.

I have a Walbro WA 158 that happens to be attached to a new to me saw. It appears to have a governor on it (brass plug).
I understand that they richen the mixture past a certain RPM.
I have read that a number of you have defeated these. Is the reason something to do with poor running performance or so they can be tuned for high speed mixture?
I can't seem to get the the high speed mixture to where I can be sure I'm not running too lean.
The governor is supposed make the saw run rich out of the cut but clean up in the cut. That's my understanding. If they go bad the saw simply runs rich. I override them by removing the brass plug and sticking a small piece of pie plate cut to fit in the hole. Saw can then be tuned the normal way.

Back