Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

I've been looking forward to meeting some of the Poulan fans on here ever since I got involved with those saws. It's only a 325 mile drive for me. I might still be on crutches but I will be asking a big guy to grab my belt so I can try a few saws out. At least the guys will get a laugh when I wipe out which is a frequent occurrence.
It's too bad we are all so far apart. It sure would nice if you and Aaron and Roger as well as a host of others too far away could be there.

Ok. 325 isn't too bad. I'd be there if that's all I had. One of these days ,though.

I.D. tag is stamped model 48. Gear case cover has 44 on it. Must have run out of 48 covers that day at the factory.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jim is some kind of chainsaw magnet.:msp_scared:

That's a cool find. The reduction drive version of the 47 I got from you. :msp_wink:

I just finshed pulling the cyl cover,recoil and muffler off of the 44/48. The recoil will have to come apart to clean up the rusty spring,the piston shows some lite carbon scoring. I will measure the bore tomorrow and find out if it is a 44 or 48. The 44 is 62cc and the 48 is 92cc,hoping for 92:) It doesn't really matter,it's still a cool old saw.

I just finshed pulling the cyl cover,recoil and muffler off of the 44/48. The recoil will have to come apart to clean up the rusty spring,the piston shows some lite carbon scoring. I will measure the bore tomorrow and find out if it is a 44 or 48. The 44 is 62cc and the 48 is 92cc,hoping for 92:) It doesn't really matter,it's still a cool old saw.

Jim, I think your looking at Acres for your info, and that's not always good. The 48 is not 92CC and it should be the same as the 47 at 68cc "if" I remember right. I can tell by looking at the cyl cover its not 92cc.

The 47 is a good runner but with a 8 tooth 3/8 sprocket (smallest that will fit it and still has to be better then a the .404 X 8) its far from a powerhouse. I would think that the gear drive would make a big improvement on it though.

Huh, it opened right up on my home PC but wasn't playing nice trying to view it on my phone. :)

Bout what I expected also!! That bar and log wasn't much challenge for a 655.

The 24" bar is definitely undersized for that saw. I need to get a .404 rim so I can throw the 28" back on it.
I thought my 600p had torque... it feels like my earthquake compared to 100cc's of old school, reed valve torque.

Some news for the PP475 guys

I asked Brian if he could get some 503422201 PTO side seals for a PP475 for one of our colleagues and he did.

They are $10.43 CDN each (you have to get used to CDN prices). I have no idea how many his distributor has but if any of you are interested, pm me and I will ask him to order more.
I think it took about three weeks to get them. I'm picking the first order up this Sunday.
seal oil 503-422201 001.jpg

I wish I could express how excited I am about the GTG... but I am sure you guys are just the same :rock::rock:.

As far as the decals go, I will be bringing 20 of the 8" Poulan Decals, and they will be $10 for two decals (10 sets available), and I will be bringing 10 of the 6" Poulan decals, which will be $5 individually. If I have any left (I doubt I will, some are already spoken for), I will send them out in the mail. The above quantity is all that I will be doing unless you PM me with a request. These are ready to apply with transfer paper (included).
If you have a custom size, please let me know within the week so I can have them done. I would like to see someone get a 20" ($15) decal for the back window of a truck, they will look great on a back window. This is the last call. I cant stand this linkbucks crap, and trying to wait and navigate around it. If this junk goes away I will most likely pursue a sponsorship here just for decals/ vinyl, if it doesn't I am going to keep doing some local stuff here and there.
Look forward to seeing you all there! Should be rolling in between 11 and noon.

Last edited:
I wish I could express how excited I am about the GTG... but I am sure you guys are just the same :rock::rock:.

As far as the decals go, I will be bringing 20 of the 8" Poulan Decals, and they will be $10 for two decals (10 sets available), and I will be bringing 10 of the 6" Poulan decals, which will be $5 individually. If I have any left (I doubt I will, some are already spoken for), I will send them out in the mail. The above quantity is all that I will be doing unless you PM me with a request. These are ready to apply with transfer paper (included).
If you have a custom size, please let me know within the week so I can have them done. I would like to see someone get a 20" ($15) decal for the back window of a truck, they will look great on a back window. This is the last call. I cant stand this linkbucks crap, and trying to wait and navigate around it. If this junk goes away I will most likely pursue a sponsorship here just for decals/ vinyl, if it doesn't I am going to keep doing some local stuff here and there.
Look forward to seeing you all there! Should be rolling in between 11 and noon.

Sounds good Jeff :msp_thumbup: I'll trade ya a T-shirt for a set of decals. :D
I hear ya with the "Linksbucks" pain in the ass thing. :msp_mad: I havn't been able to get on at all the last couple days because of it. All of a sudden it worked this afternoon. I tried different browsers, different PC's, none would get me on Arboristsite. I hope they get it taken care of for good..SOON!!!

:cheers:
Gregg,

Sounds good Jeff :msp_thumbup: I'll trade ya a T-shirt for a set of decals. :D
I hear ya with the "Linksbucks" pain in the ass thing. :msp_mad: I havn't been able to get on at all the last couple days because of it. All of a sudden it worked this afternoon. I tried different browsers, different PC's, none would get me on Arboristsite. I hope they get it taken care of for good..SOON!!!

:cheers:
Gregg,

When it happens again Gregg, check Google on how to disable your Java script. That will bypass the linkbucks but you will lose a few functions and it will be a bit more cumbersome. You can enable it any time.

What time does the GTG start on Saturday morning? I'd hate to show up at 12:01 am and have to bang on Mark's camper door for company.

Last edited:
I asked Brian if he could get some 503422201 PTO side seals for a PP475 for one of our colleagues and he did.

They are $10.43 CDN each (you have to get used to CDN prices). I have no idea how many his distributor has but if any of you are interested, pm me and I will ask him to order more.
I think it took about three weeks to get them. I'm picking the first order up this Sunday.
View attachment 316112

PM sent:rock:

When it happens again Gregg, check Google on how to disable your Java script. That will bypass the linkbucks but you will lose a few functions and it will be a bit more cumbersome. You can enable it any time.

What time does the GTG start on Saturday morning? I'd hate to show up at 12:01 am and have to bang on Mark's camper door for company.

Thanks for Google tip there Tim. I was just reading some threads on it in the chainsaw forum. I think I have ALL my browsers messed up one way or another, from what they were, trying to get passed the Linkbucks thing. LOL
I normally use Firefox on this PC, but use IE & Chrome also. Will try setting Chrome up to deal with it I guess.

As far as the GTG start time goes. I guess most start showing up around mid morning, 9:00-10:00 am. There are a few that show up early, Mike & Sheila usually get here on Friday evening with their camper, and we just sit at the kitchen table and drink coffee...LOL, till some folks show up. Havn't heard if Mike (Super3) is coming or not, he usually is a early arive'er.;)

Mark & Chris usually roll in about 9:00am or so also. I ordered a new bigger canopy thingy, arrived today, to hopefully give us a little more protection in case of rainy weather. Its a 10' x 20' canopy with side extensions, along with the two 10 x 10 ones I had, should give us a little more protection. ;) That is if I can figure it out and get it setup. LOL.

Gregg,

Thanks for Google tip there Tim. I was just reading some threads on it in the chainsaw forum. I think I have ALL my browsers messed up one way or another, from what they were, trying to get passed the Linkbucks thing. LOL
I normally use Firefox on this PC, but use IE & Chrome also. Will try setting Chrome up to deal with it I guess.

As far as the GTG start time goes. I guess most start showing up around mid morning, 9:00-10:00 am. There are a few that show up early, Mike & Sheila usually get here on Friday evening with their camper, and we just sit at the kitchen table and drink coffee...LOL, till some folks show up. Havn't heard if Mike (Super3) is coming or not, he usually is a early arive'er.;)

Mark & Chris usually roll in about 9:00am or so also. I ordered a new bigger canopy thingy, arrived today, to hopefully give us a little more protection in case of rainy weather. Its a 10' x 20' canopy with side extensions, along with the two 10 x 10 ones I had, should give us a little more protection. ;) That is if I can figure it out and get it setup. LOL.

Gregg,

Sounds great. Thanks Gregg

Gregg,

No - I've tried a brand new download of Chrome , didn't get rid of the linkbucks thing. Also my tablet is afected. I'm wondering if it is an IP address thing which my router would hold for all my devices.. I've run AVG anti viru and Malwarebytes to no awail.

It's a PITA this is my favorite site. My work commputer is not effected at all, where I am now. Different IP addy?

Hope it gets sorted soon

Lee

Gregg,

I think Chris and I will be rolling in Friday night as well this year. We got to make a stop in Columbia City on the way over there. I know you wont believe it but Chris has to meet a guy there to buy a saw from him.. :hmm3grin2orange:

No - I've tried a brand new download of Chrome , didn't get rid of the linkbucks thing. Also my tablet is afected. I'm wondering if it is an IP address thing which my router would hold for all my devices.. I've run AVG anti viru and Malwarebytes to no awail.

It's a PITA this is my favorite site. My work commputer is not effected at all, where I am now. Different IP addy?

Hope it gets sorted soon

Lee

Hi Lee,
You need to disable Java Script in Internet Explorer, Firefox or whatever you use. This will work if the Linkbucks thing is only showing up on Arboristsite. If You opened, skipped Ad, etc it may be on your computer.

I guess the best recommended fix that some say worked if your machines are infected was to download "Avast-Browser cleanup" to your desktop and run from there and then,

Download "adwcleaner" to you desktop and run that from there.
Both are free downloads.

Latest posts

Back