Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3000 fps,
Great condition....and I take it you have been happy with it's reliability.....
Btw...I lived in CO. for 20 years and my last job there, I was responsible for WY....but I am not sure where Carpenter Wy is?
Wish I had never left the west.....oh well...

ps....you must have used a "duster" to clean that thing after all that cutting....lol...looks good

Procarbine,

I heard there is even a model mode with a cup holder on the back, if you know what I mean....lol....I hate spilling my drink.

LOL....
I use the manual lube all the time...even when I'm cutting wood.....

You guys are making me want one of these, have yet to own a 3400 or 3700 in any form.

As Gregg said, they do feel good in your hands. The best part is, I have never found a saw easier to take apart and work on. No pullers, case separaters. or other special tools or three hands required.

As Gregg said, they do feel good in your hands. The best part is, I have never found a saw easier to take apart and work on. No pullers, case separaters. or other special tools or three hands required.

From the little I have seen inside the one I have, yes, they do not seem complicated in any way to tear down. That always makes for a good saw.

I see Fossil is trying to save me from a terrible decision...;)...and by the way....I already vacuumed up all those cracked and junk pieces...so no one will ever know. And I think I will call the casing "rugged plastic, rather than that flimsy metal Sears used.

Now...OhioGregg....
First I view your video....and happen to notice and think.....How in the hell did he get that heavy log over there?
Then you post a pic of your saw on monster trees! What, dare I ask is the size of your wood burner...lol

Here's my firewood (care of an internet pic) and I think I dropped a nut just stacking it.
View attachment 321247 I would insult you more, but dad never raised a total fool.

Bow, This is my version of firewood..LOL I like pieces with angles, stacks tighter..:laugh: I burn wood in a old indoor wood furnace in the basement.

woodsept006_zpsad15d6ea.jpg

If I need to move large logs, I just try doing it with a tractor. I still sweat a lot.

GTGwood015_zps0651a397.jpg

GTGwood016_zps3b38cece.jpg

Gregg,

OhioGregg,
Nice setup....
Looks like you have some land.....got any groundhogs?

OhioGregg,
Nice setup....
Looks like you have some land.....got any groundhogs?

Groundhogs.....Not nearly as many as there used to be. :D I kinda like old school guns too. The old Remington 700 BDL in .22-250 is about as reliable as a old Poulan. :bowdown:

100_0103.jpg

Gregg,

Last edited:
Groundhogs.....Not nearly as many as there used to be. :D I kinda like old school guns too. The old Remington 700 BDL in .22-250 is about as reliable as a old Poulan. :bowdown:

100_0103.jpg

Gregg,

Yep, great gun, I like my early model Ruger 77 bull barrel in .243. Ever hear of smoked groundhog?

Thats a pretty pair Joe! I knew you had the real nice red 3.7, don't remember the gray 3.7 though. But then being a geezer, I forget a lot of things. :confused:

Gregg,
Thanks Gregg, to be honest ive only started and revved the gray one. I had the NOS bar so I popped it on. It was also my first 4000 style muff mod.

Yep, great gun, I like my early model Ruger 77 bull barrel in .243. Ever hear of smoked groundhog?

Mark, Rugers have been my favorite guns. The very first centerfire I had, was a Ruger77 in .30-06. Little much for groundhogs. LOL I sold it and Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag and Ruger Red Label 12. Ga. back when I was totin a squaw so to speak, and needed the money. :mad: Since replaced the Redhawk though...LOL

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back