Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modifiedmark
Thanks Mark, I have a couple of those. I find that design rather attractive.

Attractive maybe, functional to a point. That point is displacement. Seems when they get much over 60cc in that design they don't seem to last very well. That design doesn't lend itself to very good cooling.

Poulan, Homelite, Pioneer, Lombard etc all had saws of that horizontal design and they all had problems when going to the 4 and 4.5 cubes class as you see a lot of them with smoked pistons.

Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
magy4a5e.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a question. I should know the answer, but I get confused :dizzy: when I see the word Micro:

Is the Poulan Micro Super XXV Deluxe a 38cc saw?

There's a two saw deal on feePay that has my attention; I'm sure that most of you have seen the listing & relisting.

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a question. I should know the answer, but I get confused :dizzy: when I see the word Micro:

There's a two saw deal on feePay that has my attention; I'm sure that most of you have seen the listing & relisting.
I'm pretty sure it is. The regular Micro xxv is 33cc's. the Deluxe Micro XXV is 38cc's

Modifiedmark

no deluxe ment it came with a longer bar.

Modifiedmark
so what does the super mean? Some of the Canadian saws are listed at 38cc with the super designation on a website that is not known for complete accuracy but it is all we have, except for those who know.

Ok, I'll spell it out for you. The original Micro came with a 10" bar. The Micro Deluxe came with a 12" bar and the Micro Super Deluxe came with a 14" bar. No motor or displacement differences.

As for the Canadian saws, who knows for sure...

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok, I'll spell it out for you. The original Micro came with a 10" bar. The Micro Deluxe came with a 12" bar and the Micro Super Deluxe came with a 14" bar. No motor or displacement differences.

As for the Canadian saws, who knows for sure...

Acres site list the Micro XXV Deluxe at 38cc's and the MIcro XXV at 33cc's. There is no Super designation. There are errors on that Site, for sure and I guess we found another one.

jasper89

jasper89

ArboristSite Operative
Good Morning: Does anyone know a good source for rings for a 3400?

I am in the process of a rebuild and find that I need some. I can find a vendor on line but have no experience dealing with them so a recommendation from you guys would be a big help.

Thanks Frank

fossil
Good Morning: Does anyone know a good source for rings for a 3400?

I am in the process of a rebuild and find that I need some. I can find a vendor on line but have no experience dealing with them so a recommendation from you guys would be a big help.

Thanks Frank

Just a little 3400 info. Compression readings on these saws is typically 125 - 135 psi. If you are in that range it is doubtful that new rings will improve on that.

jasper89

jasper89

ArboristSite Operative
I have had very good results getting them from dandrikop a vendor in Greece. Fair overall cost and fast shipping for a chrome piston Craftsman and a chrome bore Husqvarna. My last 2 projects. He sells Caber rings, perhaps a bit more expensive than some Chinese parts but my Poulans are worth it.

Thanks for the info. That was the vendor that I was thinking of.

Last edited:
redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
What a surprise! Got my dirty 4000 almost together. Pulled jug and cleaned up a little and replaced w/o a gasket. Prior to pulling jug, my comp read 150. After replacing it and removing gasket it reads 135. WTF! Plus that's with a little 2 stroke in the cylinder for assembly. Man, I was hoping for 155 or 160.

Bob

fossil
What a surprise! Got my dirty 4000 almost together. Pulled jug and cleaned up a little and replaced w/o a gasket. Prior to pulling jug, my comp read 150. After replacing it and removing gasket it reads 135. WTF! Plus that's with a little 2 stroke in the cylinder for assembly. Man, I was hoping for 155 or 160.

Bob

That's strange. Any chance the "O" ring on the comp gauge wasn't seated or got nicked?

Let us know how it runs.

Latest posts