Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark

Do you have a 361 that you could take pics of? I want to get the paint scheme right on this saw when it is time to repaint.

Thanks

:cheers:

Yeah I got one, it's in not so good of shape but here it is. Not much of a paint scheme, mostly green, and it's the older shade of lime green. I actully had this running a little but it's scored up pretty bad, so I just hung it up.

It's a manual oiler only saw, so I don't have much interest in it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Ok been seeing some nice ole Poulan selling at the auction site. Who bought that near mint 3700? There was a very clean 306A sell and a 245A bowsaw.

Fess up boys.

Mark, If you are refering to the 3700 that was in excellent condition, on ebay, with 155 lbs. of compression, last week? No, sadly I got passed by on that one.:mad: That was a beauty. I figured someone here got it, just waiting for it to show up on this thread. I put a bid of $100 on it, sure don't need it, but it was in to good of a condition, to just let it pass without bidding something on it.

Gregg,

Mark, If you are refering to the 3700 that was in excellent condition, on ebay, with 155 lbs. of compression, last week? No, sadly I got passed by on that one.:mad: That was a beauty. I figured someone here got it, just waiting for it to show up on this thread. I put a bid of $100 on it, sure don't need it, but it was in to good of a condition, to just let it pass without bidding something on it.

Gregg,

Yep that's the one. I didn't bid, but someone got a nice saw. I think I remember what it ended up at and if a guy needed a saw that size to use, it wasn't a bad deal.

That's a nice old saw and at 45 years old would be a good candidate for a restoration.

Is it a runner?

It appears to be locked up. :cry: I haven't begun to take it apart yet but it seems to be in pretty nice shape otherwise.

It would be a good candidate for a restoration.... maybe one of these days I'll get around to some of my projects

It appears to be locked up. :cry: I haven't begun to take it apart yet but it seems to be in pretty nice shape otherwise.

It would be a good candidate for a restoration.... maybe one of these days I'll get around to some of my projects

Maybe it won't be too bad. I just got inside a Poulan 361 that was seized up and the P&C are both in very good shape. There was some water damage in the crankcase (that whitish hard stuff), but it should all be serviceable aside from the rings, 6203 crank bearing, and seals.

I am still cleaning it up and building a list of needed parts, then it will be stripped of paint and redone. I have a guy that will make me a new decal for the flywheel cover and the little decal on the underside of the air filter cover.

You're right about finding the time to get around to projects though! I have to restore my 1975 tiller quick (it's all apart and gray metal right now) as I blew the engine last fall and need to re-power it. Then an old MF riding mower, then a 1950 Case Model S, then ........ :dizzy:

Maybe it won't be too bad. I just got inside a Poulan 361 that was seized up and the P&C are both in very good shape. There was some water damage in the crankcase (that whitish hard stuff), but it should all be serviceable aside from the rings, 6203 crank bearing, and seals.

I am still cleaning it up and building a list of needed parts, then it will be stripped of paint and redone. I have a guy that will make me a new decal for the flywheel cover and the little decal on the underside of the air filter cover.

You're right about finding the time to get around to projects though! I have to restore my 1975 tiller quick (it's all apart and gray metal right now) as I blew the engine last fall and need to re-power it. Then an old MF riding mower, then a 1950 Case Model S, then ........ :dizzy:

Chris, if you need anything that I have on that 361, just let me know. It was mostly alright except the piston showed some pretty good scoreing. I'll send the whole thing to you if you need it.

Chris, if you need anything that I have on that 361, just let me know. It was mostly alright except the piston showed some pretty good scoreing. I'll send the whole thing to you if you need it.

Well, I guess I might as well PM you with my master plan for this saw.

GOOD NEWS!!! The 3700 automatic oiler does work. Thanks to Mark and the others who helped me on this one. I had thought that the oiler was gear driven and it just needed a diaphram. Again THANKS TO ALL. Now I'll shut up and go to something I really know...Scotch.

Thats great to hear.

I think that setup was one of the more reliable automatic oilers of its time. I've only seen one go bad and the guy that owned it admitted he put used motor oil in it for bar lube ever since he owned it.

Mike

Why haven't I heard anything about other models like the 6000 or the S6000? I figured that a 100cc saw would be a nice addition to someone's collection.

Are they not sought after or just so rare that they are not worth talking about?

Why haven't I heard anything about other models like the 6000 or the S6000? I figured that a 100cc saw would be a nice addition to someone's collection.

Are they not sought after or just so rare that they are not worth talking about?
I had the s6000 and it did not impress me at all. Heavy and none too fast. The old pp/pioneer models would cut circles around them in my opinion. The torque would just put the old S6000 to shame.

Back