Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ReggieT

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey guys...looking at a real clean Poulan 245A. Tell me whats the best bar & chain set up, are the parts a real beast to get for this saw, and are there any particular issues associated with it?

Thanks,
Reg
ps...it is 3/8 and .50 correct

rms61moparman

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey guys...looking at a real clean Poulan 245A. Tell me whats the best bar & chain set up, are the parts a real beast to get for this saw, and are there any particular issues associated with it?

Thanks,
Reg

Although a 245 will pull a 24 quite well, I like the 20" and full chisel Oregon LGX.
It is a fun saw to run with that combo.

Mike

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite

Thanks,
Reg
Like Mike said plus they take an Oregon D176 bar. 70 drive links for a 20" bar.

hotshot

hotshot

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
FYI...For restorations, these SBR rubber grommets worked well for the NLA choke rod grommet #530002594
used on the Poulan 306/245 series. A little oil, some patience, and a chopstick will eventually work it in. I first tried
to pull/roll the flange in with a string, like the method used on some Stihl carb boots, but it didn't work this time.

I looked at McMaster-Carr & a bunch of other places for the exact OEM replacement, but all others were too small
on the overall diameter to look good. These were painted over, in with the whole saw case, at the factory.

Amazon - Standard Compound SBR Grommet, 5/8" OD x 3/16" ID, 11/32" Groove Diameter, 3/32" Groove Width, 60 Durometer (Pack of 10)

The 3/16" (0.188") opening allows the 0.210" diameter choke rod to operate tightly for a good dust seal.
A bit expensive, but worth it, at about $3.50 each once you include shipping. I split the pack of 10 with
my neighbor as I needed four of them. The actual panel hole in the carb box is 0.355" on the three saws I measured out...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Standard Compound SBR Grommet, 5/8" OD x 3/16" ID, 11/32" Groove Diameter, 3/32" Groove Width, 60 Durometer (Pack of 10)

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Had to go to Louisville today and made a side trip on the way back. One of the items I picked up was this nice looking 2400.

Poulan24001_zps68ead9ac.jpg

Poulan24003_zps159c76e4.jpg

Poulan24005_zps0b4c5fdf.jpg

I now have the Poulan, Poulan Pro and Craftsman versions of this saw.

Poulan24007_zpsed4160d8.jpg

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
This was the one listed in the trading post. Love at first sight, knew I had to have it. Hardly shows any sign of use, I am guessing less than 10 hours or so. Big thanks to the AS member that offered it for sale.
View attachment 344192
They are great saws. Have 3 and sent one off to MasterMind for some porting. Lots of guys like the 3700 almost as much as it's only 3 cc smaller.

jerry quinn

jerry quinn

Proud dad of a US Marine.
This was the one listed in the trading post. Love at first sight, knew I had to have it. Hardly shows any sign of use, I am guessing less than 10 hours or so. Big thanks to the AS member that offered it for sale.
View attachment 344192
Very nice 4000, My 4000 is my favorite saw to use. Puts a smile on my face every time.

richard t

richard t

ArboristSite Operative
View attachment 344192

Nope they are junk send it to me for proper disposal :popcorn:

Seen this in my nephews shed and it runs too :chainsaw:

poulan.jpg

poulan2.jpg

Latest posts