Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pick up Joe. I like the 3400 series.
Thanks Bob. It's got some damage, shame too cause the saw has little wear, later model too with the newer hand guard and hex spacer. I have a handle tho. I'm gonna replace my 3400 with this one I think. Got this sweet buyers under body truck box tooimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks Bob. It's got some damage, shame too cause the saw has little wear, later model too with the newer hand guard and hex spacer. I have a handle tho. I'm gonna replace my 3400 with this one I think. Got this sweet buyers under body truck box tooView attachment 416361View attachment 416362View attachment 416363

Good deal Joe, you will have that 3400 fixed in no time. Those Buyers boxes are high priced if you have to pay retail for one. Think it will fit on the new Chebby? Might be a bit tall..

Good deal Joe, you will have that 3400 fixed in no time. Those Buyers boxes are high priced if you have to pay retail for one. Think it will fit on the new Chebby? Might be a bit tall..
Yeah I have the other parts too. I
As far as the box goes yeah, my buddy got it for his birthday and never put it on his old F-350 dump. Said his dad paid around $400? I think it will work, the body is pretty high on the frame of the truck. Gonna have to go on pass side, fuel tank is on drivers

Ok, your starting to honk me off now!

The Super 68 is on my wish list but the 66 is a worthy one too. Quite innovative the way Poulan used the chain drive on those.

Well........you'll have to talk me thru fixing them. That will help your honking off.

You have bars for them? I might can help, I should have all the aftermarket seal numbers for them. Your on your own with getting the 1/2" chains if you don't have them already. :laugh:

I've got a bar for one.

No chain for either. :(

I need dem seal numbahs sir. :)

I've got a bar for one.

No chain for either. :(

I need dem seal numbahs sir. :)

They both use the same seals.

FW side seal is Dichotmatic 068091VM
PTO seal is SKF 6105 and you need 2 for each saw. There thin and a PITA to get in, so I would suggest getting a couple extras in case you mangle one.

Points are common Wico style and a RK-88HL carb kit for both.

I'll look and see what bars I have duplicates of.

People are too soft these days, nobody wants to work for anything.

That's a big 10-4. I guess the young kids have strained their thumbs soo much texting it has debilitated them to the point that they can't do anything physical. Theses poor kids have it too rough! It's sad that the disease of azzsmackium is almost eradicated. I had it when I was young which really made things quite clear.

For you weekend wood warriors that do a decent amount of cutting for firewood, how many of you wear chaps or protective pants when you cut and what do you wear and what works well?

I cut 10 + cords a year, I wear head and ear protection as well as gloves most of the time. I do have chaps but only wear them when in the woods, I do wear brush pants when cut

For you weekend wood warriors that do a decent amount of cutting for firewood, how many of you wear chaps or protective pants when you cut and what do you wear and what works well?
I do about 2-3 cords a year at camp. Plus we just had the property timbered so there is much work to do. I have Sherrill Tree chaps and don't take them off until the wood is split. I have a tendency to hold the larger rounds on the splitter with my leg. They can get hot if it is warm out but I'll take a little sweat over a major injury. Eyes and ears too.

I usually just wear my Carhartt pants but have been wondering if I should be wearing something with a little more protection.

I should wear mine more than I do, the other day my P50 with 32" bar kicked back on me while . Bucking a tree. It surprised me doing so, it was a 25"tree

Back