Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to recall a recent discussion about the subject in general that mentioned a puller similar to the one pictured being the easiest method. Mine's for Husky 51's/55's, but you should get the idea. Screw it on, crank the bolt while holding the nut, bingo. Use it as a driver during re-installation. 'Course a two-jaw puller or a hammer and a screwdriver may work just as well for the 2600, too. Couldn't use either of those approaches on the Huskys and bit the bullet for the puller since I'm rebuilding several of em from the ground up right now.

Worm Puller-Driver.jpg

Any tricks to pulling the worm gear on a 2600 clammy ?

Is the 2600 the wired looking one or the solid style? Either way the plastic worm gear tool for the wire type one is less then $3. The metal one for the solid style is less then $5. Get them both IMO. I did with extras to send to folks once. Sent 1 to Oz recently.

Black plastic one under $3 for wire style

Bottom right metal one is the soild worm gear puller for $5.

530031166.JPG

pp365anflowers007.jpg

You asked if my version of the puller was a 530031136. It isn't. I provided the info on mine and a link listing the saws it was designed to service. Sorry if that caused anyone any confusion. Just wanted to illustrate what the correct type of tool may be best for the task at hand.

And I've received no private correspondence on the subject from anyone.

Latest posts

Back