Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Kevin what did you think of the 415 in that series if saws. Is it a strong runner for it's size engine.

Mine has been one of the strongest 65cc saws out there I have ran to date. I wish I could have ran against the solo 665 that was 45mins north of me. Looks like the 665 is super stock as they whoop on woods ported 562 it seems. :laugh:

Mine wasnt so so great when I got it Roger. Lost battle with a tree 3rd time being used by its homeowner user.

CopyofDSCF0058.jpg

Poge, you bought an orpan.

That 's been my general understanding......., that the 415 and 475 were indeed a cross-breed design by Partner prior/during the Electrolux flux of the early 90'S that was never actually produced by Partner, but rather Husky / J-Red incorporating various conveniently available design aspects inherent to other models already in production at the time. Also always thought the 415 /475 weren't even really part of the other 425, 445, etc., series saws, but never dug into it much or really cared one way or another until becoming curious here.

All I DO know is that my 415 came from the original owner with the original bill of sale and service/owners manual along with the original b/c setup and runs very strong. Lousy muffler setup caused some melt of the shroud and there's a crack in the sprocket cover, but otherwise it's in great condition.

DSC04208.JPG

DSC04209.JPG

DSC04210.JPG

DSC04211.JPG

DSC04212.JPG

DSC04214.JPG

DSC04213.JPG

DSC04215.JPG

I have never come across a 415 in that series.
Right now I have the 445, 475, 505, and a 2083.
The 475 I had to completely rebuild with new bearings, seals, ring, and new NOS piston that I got from cut4fun.
That saw runs very good. I was lucky because Fossil found the seal for the PTO side. It is a very thin seal and could not find a replacement anywhere. Thanks you guys on that one.

How does that 475 run? Is it as good as the 445?

I have never had a cover burn like that either. Like Kevin said that deflector must have been loose.

Hey Poge thanks for showing the pics. Some of us never see these saws in person so pics are nice.

Oh yea I forgot that those cracks in the clutch cover are not uncommon. I have had some that were really bad.

How does that 475 run? Is it as good as the 445?

I think it runs great. I had it at the get together and ran it in some of the oak logs there and it ran very well.
The longest bar I have had on it is 28". I have had it buried with that 28" bar and a full compliment chisel chain and it ran very well. I think it does as well as any of my 505's.

If I remember right when I put that 475 together I did without the base gasket and I have also modified the muffler but kept the spark arrester in place.

...Could you check your air filter? Can you get me your serial number?

Here ya go. Serial number and (dirty) air filter setup. Looks like a '92....​

0913151059_resized.jpg

0913151106_resized.jpg

Hey Poge thanks for showing the pics.

I like pics, too! I just try to take the time to post em myself when they seem relevant or informative. Beats a thousand words every time!​

Here ya go. Serial number and (dirty) air filter setup. Looks like a '92....​

View attachment 447140

I like pics, too! I just try to take the time to post em myself when they seem relevant or informative. Beats a thousand words every time!​

Very cool and Thanks. Going to use your 415 to show early model and mine for later ones in thread. Yep you have the 475 air filter set up too.
I notice your original bar is grey? Mine was the later black with yellow lettering.
I switched my 475 over to the updated 505 445 425 air filter set up. My later 415 came with update filter set up too. Will need to check my date on mine again now.

Many Thanks Poge.

Back