Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copyof415008.jpg

poulan3400.JPG poulan3400.JPG Hey ya'll got my first Countervibe coming in the mail, super excited...but I have a stupid question before I dig into it. Oil Mix Ratio? I "know" 16:1 is listed and according to the old manuals I've found 32:1 is "acceptable" if you used "Genuine Poulan" oil....well question is I run 40:1 in all my other saws...pp330 pp380 pp335 pp505 pp295...and every poulan and craftsman I've ever had pass through my hands...considering the advances in lubrication in the last 30 years and all things be correct with the saw would modern oil and fuel be sufficient at 40:1?.... It's literally .8oz of oil per gallon difference.

I have run 40 to 1 in my counter vibes and never had any problems but I have modified a few of them where I bumped up the compression and are now turning higher RPM's, so for extra protection of the bottom end bearings I use 100% synthetic at 32 to 1. That would be 1 ounce of oil to 1 quart of fuel.

Someone needs to buy this poor FleaBay P245 & put that JD paint color out to pasture.

Mopar Key Lime green would look good on it.

Attachments

• Nasty P245A Paint Color Pic A.jpg
    Nasty P245A Paint Color Pic A.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Nasty P245A Paint Color Pic B.jpg
    Nasty P245A Paint Color Pic B.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Nasty P245A Paint Color Pic C.jpg
    Nasty P245A Paint Color Pic C.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back