Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep track of everything that I spend on saws for fun. ie saws, b/c's , parts, paint, carb kits, fuel line, shipping and whatever else to the point that I have price per running wood worthy saw average. Am I the only nerd? Does anyone else keep track?

I keep track of everything that I spend on saws for fun. ie saws, b/c's , parts, paint, carb kits, fuel line, shipping and whatever else to the point that I have price per running wood worthy saw average. Am I the only nerd? Does anyone else keep track?

Afraid to!

I might have at one point. Not anymore. Seems like the well is run dry around here. For a while I was bringing in truck loads of saws.

Nope, I never really have. There have been a few that I spent WAY more on than I planed on or intended. But to me was worth every penny to end up with an excellent representative of a certain model. Be different I suppose if I was into these things to make money. I have never sold a saw..LOL I got the ones I do have, because I wanted one.

Gregg,

Nope, I never really have. There have been a few that I spent WAY more on than I planed on or intended. But to me was worth every penny to end up with an excellent representative of a certain model. Be different I suppose if I was into these things to make money. I have never sold a saw..LOL I got the ones I do have, because I wanted one.

Gregg,

Well said Gregg! I hope your feeling better!

Well said Gregg! I hope your feeling better!

Thank you Nate, I still feel like an old man...thats not gonna change, but I feel 110% better than I did two weeks ago. ;) I need to haul a load of wood in today or tomorrow. Suppose to hit 30 degrees or more today. Yeehaw!! I cheated and used the propane furnace for couple weeks there, while I was kinda out of action. But been back to heating with wood the last 3 days. :D

Havn't got to do any fiddling with saws yet. I was out in shop yesterday starting to put together a roll around tool box/cart thing I got at Harbor Freight last week. Its a darn nice well made thing seems. I was impressed seeing where it came from. Hope to get on the 655bp soon. Can't wait to give that a work out.

Gregg,

Gregg,
Wow Gregg, never sold a saw. I would be in the 500 count if I did not sell saws. That would be a big problem in my house.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Thank you Nate, I still feel like an old man...thats not gonna change, but I feel 110% better than I did two weeks ago. ;) I need to haul a load of wood in today or tomorrow. Suppose to hit 30 degrees or more today. Yeehaw!! I cheated and used the propane furnace for couple weeks there, while I was kinda out of action. But been back to heating with wood the last 3 days. :D

Havn't got to do any fiddling with saws yet. I was out in shop yesterday starting to put together a roll around tool box/cart thing I got at Harbor Freight last week. Its a darn nice well made thing seems. I was impressed seeing where it came from. Hope to get on the 655bp soon. Can't wait to give that a work out.

Gregg,

Good to hear Gregg. Can't wait to see s video of you cutting with the 655!

Good evening fellas. After digging out my Mother In Law's and our driveways today I've finally had a chance to sit down and get caught up with the Poulan Thread. Reading some of the more recent posts got me thinking about what I've been able to do since the snow started falling here with my saws, which isn't much. I was, however, able to do a couple of things in the past couple of days.

I found a NOS full wrap handle for my 8500 back in December and finally installed it. It replaced the chain brake that originally came with the saw. Also, I installed a very nice and clean drive cover. The saw is in fairly good shape cosmetically but I wanted to round it out with the new decals with all of the time, effort, and energy I've invested in it. The chain is sharp and ready to go in case the need arrises. I wish I had more of these big Poulans as they are a ton of fun to work on. Enjoy your Sunday night and be careful out there. Best, Max.

Attachments

• Poulan 8500 New Decals & Full Wrap 2.jpg
    Poulan 8500 New Decals & Full Wrap 2.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Poulan 8500 New Decals & Full Wrap 1.jpg
    Poulan 8500 New Decals & Full Wrap 1.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 33
  • Poulan 8500 New Decals & Full Wrap 3.jpg
    Poulan 8500 New Decals & Full Wrap 3.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 28
Good evening fellas. After digging out my Mother In Law's and our driveways today I've finally had a chance to sit down and get caught up with the Poulan Thread. Reading some of the more recent posts got me thinking about what I've been able to do since the snow started falling here with my saws, which isn't much. I was, however, able to do a couple of things in the past couple of days.

I found a NOS full wrap handle for my 8500 back in December and finally installed it. It replaced the chain brake that originally came with the saw. Also, I installed a very nice and clean drive cover. The saw is in fairly good shape cosmetically but I wanted to round it out with the new decals with all of the time, effort, and energy I've invested in it. The chain is sharp and ready to go in case the need arrises. I wish I had more of these big Poulans as they are a ton of fun to work on. Enjoy your Sunday night and be careful out there. Best, Max.
Did you happen to get that full wrap from Canada?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Gary, my 8500 came from California off of CL. It's a real challenge to find larger saws around here, at least for me. I missed a McCulloch 1000/Partner P100 here a few weeks ago as I was the second person to call. Some Poulan bow-saws were mixed in as well. Did you have a line on one out that way? I need some larger projects to tinker with, but hey, who doesn't?!?!

Acornhill, yes it did. It was on eBay, and I made an offer which was accepted. It's very nice one and doesn't appear to have been on a saw before. What part of MD do you live in ? I lived in Columbia for almost 5 years back in the 1990's. Did you receive much snow?

Very nice...:sweet: Love the 8500. The 8500 has been on my wish list ever since I knew what they were. lol Maybe one of these days. Meanwhile I guess my 5200 will hold down the fort so to speak. The large Poulans are non-existent around here. Seems I'm in the land of Wood Sharks & Wildthings. :(

Gregg,

Got this on put together this afternoon in between running the snow blower. For weight and performance these are one of the most under rated saws around. View attachment 480872

I have couple of those waiting for me to reclaim my work space in the garage. Both eBay sleepers IIRC, one more used than what the photos showed, one very clean. Both with spark and good p&c.

Back