Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making some good progress on this beech. Lots of good cordwood. My buddy at work loved the 395. He has a 350 husky at home and we have a 261 Stihl at work. Not apples to apples as far as displacement goes but he noticed he could lean on the 395,push off the dogs and the chain doesn't stall. Until I hit a stone and put an end to the fun

Didn't carry a spare chain?

94416d4eef0b3ec419c44c07298e3626.jpg

Scores for the week. $50 3700 and $60 3.7. Both are runners. Gonna pull mufflers today and inspect. Dig into my pile of parts and find some stuff to make the 3700 more correct. Right now it has early model rear a/v but late model choke knob. I know I have a nearly new black rear handle and green top covers to clean it up. Will check compression numbers too.
Can't complain for sure

94416d4eef0b3ec419c44c07298e3626.jpg

Scores for the week. $50 3700 and $60 3.7. Both are runners. Gonna pull mufflers today and inspect. Dig into my pile of parts and find some stuff to make the 3700 more correct. Right now it has early model rear a/v but late model choke knob. I know I have a nearly new black rear handle and green top covers to clean it up. Will check compression numbers too.
Can't complain for sure

Well done Shawn! Interested to see how the insides look! Good thing they were over in your neck of the woods, if they would have been over here they'd be in my garage but I'd probably be sleeping with them instead of inside if know what I mean lol!

Well done Shawn! Interested to see how the insides look! Good thing they were over in your neck of the woods, if they would have been over here they'd be in my garage but I'd probably be sleeping with them instead of inside if know what I mean lol!
That's why my better half doesn't see my saws... Lol
It's more don't ask don't tell.
So long as bills are paid, house has what it needs, and she gets what she wants, she leaves me alone anymore.
If she truly knew, well, that'd be bad!

Tried some searching, I'm looking for the correct carb kit number for a Craftsman 3.7 (Poulan 3700) Walbro carb. I think it is the HDB K10 kit, but could someone verify that is correct for me? Thanks!

Tried some searching, I'm looking for the correct carb kit number for a Craftsman 3.7 (Poulan 3700) Walbro carb. I think it is the HDB K10 kit, but could someone verify that is correct for me? Thanks!
Yup, that's the one you need.
Just make sure you match the gaskets you pull out of the old one. The kit comes with 2 or 3 different variations.

Making some good progress on this beech. Lots of good cordwood. My buddy at work loved the 395. He has a 350 husky at home and we have a 261 Stihl at work. Not apples to apples as far as displacement goes but he noticed he could lean on the 395,push off the dogs and the chain doesn't stall. Until I hit a stone and put an end to the funView attachment 480758 View attachment 480763

Good job Joe!! You can just drop that Beech off at my woodpile sometime this weekend when your not busy plowing snow! :D
I havn't used any Beech in a long time. I always liked using it as a firewood, cause of its tight smooth bark, not much crap to clean up..lol

The PP395 looks great! Another model I do not have..Seems there are still many Poulans I do not have..

Gregg,

I just picked up 11 plastic Poulans from dealer, 5 have good top ends, 6 are toast but complete. 4620 4218 220 221 2150 3516 2055 1950 woodshark wild thing 4218 classic . how much are top ends for these saws?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
b7566259cab2a816f9c2d87ab5e7d11d.jpg
4620 are nice runners 46cc have to watch all the bolts as they run rough it seems and rattle loose various bolts. muffler in particular.

Good job Joe!! You can just drop that Beech off at my woodpile sometime this weekend when your not busy plowing snow! :D
I havn't used any Beech in a long time. I always liked using it as a firewood, cause of its tight smooth bark, not much crap to clean up..lol

The PP395 looks great! Another model I do not have..Seems there are still many Poulans I do not have..

Gregg,

We are only getting 1-3" up here. The cape is getting around 10" DC and New York are getting slammed.
I enjoy my job anyway but getting to use my saws and getting paid to is nice. I'm allowed to replace my chains on our work account too. Next week the 5200 is coming in and 365 pro

Gregg,

We are only getting 1-3" up here. The cape is getting around 10" DC and New York are getting slammed.
I enjoy my job anyway but getting to use my saws and getting paid to is nice. I'm allowed to replace my chains on our work account too. Next week the 5200 is coming in and 365 pro

Back