Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 6900, I dug it out for a few pics. Need new decals though

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
36c48d25b832f8d6ce6858c66340027f.jpg

I really enjoy this series as well. Just a copy of a recent post I made on another forum. Not quite 50cc. Pulls like it though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 3000 I picked up last summer is a great runner except that it idles all over the place if left for more than 10s or so. PO and his local shop could not fix it. Thought I had it dialed in but it got funky again. New seals, jug off and all else fuel related brand new from my end. I found a HDA-49 sitting in a wet bucket at an out-of-town friendly. Serious corrosion. I didn't hope for much. I've been soaking and scrubbing it for 6 weeks. Swapped everything over from the old carb except the needles. Threw it on the saw today. Well, I'll be damned. Still have to take it out in the bush and tune it properly.

Went to town leaning into a few rounds of dry fir. Had to replenish my bins of noodle-filled fire starter. Semi-chisel chain is getting pretty thin.

Cutting a cookie...http://vid26.photobucket.com/albums/...psdb70qrr0.mp4Poulan%203000%20-%20Funky%20HDA-49.jpg
Poulan%203000%20ad.jpg

I really enjoy this series as well. Just a copy of a recent post I made on another forum. Not quite 50cc. Pulls like it though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 3000 I picked up last summer is a great runner except that it idles all over the place if left for more than 10s or so. PO and his local shop could not fix it. Thought I had it dialed in but it got funky again. New seals, jug off and all else fuel related brand new from my end. I found a HDA-49 sitting in a wet bucket at an out-of-town friendly. Serious corrosion. I didn't hope for much. I've been soaking and scrubbing it for 6 weeks. Swapped everything over from the old carb except the needles. Threw it on the saw today. Well, I'll be damned. Still have to take it out in the bush and tune it properly.

Went to town leaning into a few rounds of dry fir. Had to replenish my bins of noodle-filled fire starter. Semi-chisel chain is getting pretty thin.

Cutting a cookie...http://vid26.photobucket.com/albums/...psdb70qrr0.mp4

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like that saw in that Canadian color for some reason. I just got my first saw in that series, a 3000 with muff mod from Bob (redunshee). Yet to cut with it though.

Was working on the S25DA last night that I'm giving to my brother in law but realized it needs seals which I picked up today.
So since I was out working on saws I figured I do a couple small things I've been want to get done. My 3700 had a handle with no grip on it so I swapped it out for one off my 3400 power head and I also did a quick muff mod on the saw as well. Drilled out the diffuser holes to 3/8 and did the side slit cut for an exit.

20160202_010135_resized.jpg
20160202_010058_resized.jpg

I also cleaned up a bar and rattle canned it flat black to put on the 361. Purely cosmetic but I think it looks cool.

20160202_005555_resized.jpg

I guess I was just kind of bored too so I figured what the hell. I really need to find some time to go CUT some actual wood. I could go for a solid day in the woods badly.

Camp is about 2000 ft higher in elevation than home. I set my saws just on the edge of 4 stroking and it seams that when I go to camp I have to lean up the high about a 1/16 - 1/8 turn. Is it in my head or do you think that 2000 ft can make that much difference?

Camp is about 2000 ft higher in elevation than home. I set my saws just on the edge of 4 stroking and it seams that when I go to camp I have to lean up the high about a 1/16 - 1/8 turn. Is it in my head or do you think that 2000 ft can make that much difference?
Absolutely it can.
Once I learned how my saws are supposed to sound I realized I almost always need to retune once I get into the woods. I'm at 2500' at home, normally cutting at 4000+'.
I usually run my saws on the fat side of tune anyway. Never had a lean failure.... Yet anyway.
Temperature difference can compound the issue too.

Replaced the crank seals on the S25DA last night and it's better but still leaking some air somewhere. Any other spots that are prone to leak on this model? Carb is good, new fuel line, filter and vent and new seals done so far.

Replaced the crank seals on the S25DA last night and it's better but still leaking some air somewhere. Any other spots that are prone to leak on this model? Carb is good, new fuel line, filter and vent and new seals done so far.
Yes the top handle to cylinder gasket. The 3 screws under the carb

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back