Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently picked up a 245A that needs a little tlc. Can someone let me know the thread size of the flywheel side of the crankshaft? Also, can I use a standard nut, lock washer and flat washer to secure the flywheel?

Last question. I need to know the size of the woodruff /flywheel key. Can I just measure the slot and length and use a standard key?

Thanks in advance.

I recently picked up a 245A that needs a little tlc. Can someone let me know the thread size of the flywheel side of the crankshaft? Also, can I use a standard nut, lock washer and flat washer to secure the flywheel?

Last question. I need to know the size of the woodruff /flywheel key. Can I just measure the slot and length and use a standard key?

Thanks in advance.
When I get home this evening, I'll check,unless someone responds sooner. Not sure if there is a standard key. My local hardware store has a zillion sizes. The thread and NUT for the flywheel are SAE , thus once you know size you can easily find replacements.

Finally got into some cold weather here. -18 Celsius. I switched from Douglas to this orchard cherry. I cut it with this 3400 a couple of springs ago. Split and seasoned for two summers now. Fruit wood is serious stuff around here. This cache had been pruned so much it was just a mass of heavy knots. Long burn times. Lets just say there is a 42 C difference between my inside and outside thermometers right now. For our friends down south, that is 81 F difference. It is like Hawaii in my basement. I just need some shorts and Magnum P.I. reruns.

Poulan CTC 3400 Cherry.jpg

Latest posts

Back