Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My need for speed days are over, getting from point a to point b safely is my only concern these days, I've had my 150mph sled ride on my late would have been son in laws bike, that he died on, head on collision at night, 60 and 70 is fast enough for me. Last outing was in a new Z07 Vette, started to get tunnel vision so I slowed down.

Steve

Does anyone have a spare diaphragm cover for a HS168 tillotson laying around? i believe they are the same for the 4200 245A etc carbs. thanks

Does anyone have a spare diaphragm cover for a HS168 tillotson laying around? i believe they are the same for the 4200 245A etc carbs. thanks

For which side?

How many you want and how soon do you need it?

I'm tied up on a job in the house plus I got to go see about buying 5 chainsaws tomorrow. :laugh:

The metering side, not the fuel pump side, i have a HS168 carb here that for some reason does not have the cover. I am in no hurry but it will be used on a saw i will be putting together. i do not want anyone to take a carb apart though.

1c7a5e91d57790bb1ef250e0e75a4170.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

That's what I figured as well. Decent bar and good chain makes it worth it. Ice storm here now. I hope it quits soon before the build up does damage.
How's winter on the prairie?

Life has been good. The weather has warmed up some last couple of days so have been outside doing things. Scrounging some wood and got my Homelites working good now. That last one was blowing fuel back through the carb from the reed block. Took it apart and found one of the reeds completely gone. Go figure. I do have some more Poulan projects but have not got around to them yet but I will. Stay warm Tim.

@Roger,

Good to hear things are going well. It's been a weird winter here weather wise.

I bumped the timing up on the 3400 I just got. I took .020 off the key. Not sure if that was too much advance or not. What do you think?
I hear some rattling going on and I'm not sure if it's detonating or not.

Did you find a reed for the Homelite?

Back