Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok im gonna do a good air leak test tonight, if it passes pressure and vac test ill turn it up some. I.like to err on the heavy side ill shoot for maybe 10.5k first and hear how it sounds.

Ok im gonna do a good air leak test tonight, if it passes pressure and vac test ill turn it up some. I.like to err on the heavy side ill shoot for maybe 10.5k first and hear how it sounds.
At 10,500 you should be fine, though it wouldn't hurt to test it in wood.

So... i leaked tested the 375 i had three leaks, both crank seals a little bit, but the majority was the intake manifold gasket. It was bubblimg like crazy from there. Thanks to all who gave me some pointers.
Cody
Well now you know what to replace. ModifiedMark, always blocks off the oil pump impulse hole to be sure there is no hidden leak. I've never done it but I don't question his knowledge.

I didnt know to do that. Ill retest afer new gaskets and seals. How long of time period is acceptable for pressure and vacuum?

The RPM's just depend on the saw. As long as your tuning it to 4 stroke and then cleaning up to two stroke when in the wood you will be ok.
Like Kevin stated I have a 3700 that I modded and have it set to over 13,000 RPM's and it 4 strokes just fine. The only reason I tach my saws anymore is to see what kind of gains I might get after modifying them. Other wise tune it by ear.

I advanced the timing on my 3700, i feel it picks up rpms faster than my 375s do. i may advance one 375 and see how it reacts.

Anybody looking for a decent Poulan 4000. I'm looking to let this one go if somebody would like to add one to their collection. Starts, runs, and oils like it should.
06de4ccc040aa0182f8c9a58abf0414f.jpg
5eea5f831000a1810c19c33ea8339b92.jpg
db08e05d8fd913c14c09204f013e2eb3.jpg
904fe4f31d8f0243eac960349491b952.jpg

I didnt know to do that. Ill retest afer new gaskets and seals. How long of time period is acceptable for pressure and vacuum?
I normally use a little Dirko or 1184 around the seal edges as a safety measure. You can also use it sparingly around the intake manifold gasket ,but be sure you don't block the impulse hole. Dirko dries fairly quickly so you can do a test in 15-20 minutes. 1184 requires more setup time so I'd wait 24 hours, to be safe.

Dumb$#$. I wrote this yesterday but forgot to post. Man o man.

I hope to get to do the job today after work, do any of you use anerobic sealer? I use it all the time at work. Ive put it on the O.D. of seals before.

Ran another cleaned up 3000 and the ms260 I just put together through a few cuts today. It was hard to tell the difference. Wood was 8-10" or so. Same chain. 18" bars. The 260 has a healthy advance and a gutted muffler. 3000 a thinner base gasket, stock exhaust (diffuser flip), and stock timing.

30+ year old Poulan design still killing it.

Does anyone know has to be done to run a k095 mount bar on a Poulan 2700. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know has to be done to run a k095 mount bar on a Poulan 2700. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
File out the slots for the tensioner pin toward the rails until they just break through the bottom of the groove a little. It will move oil from the pad, through the slot and into the groove. It works well.

Back