Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really good saws like they use to, too much plastic and clam shell engines. Been thinking about building a saw. Sorry but it might be a Stihl 660. Wished the company made a 5400 or an 8500.

Steve

Nothing wrong with a Stihl MS 660, just be ready to sell your first born.

Same thing here, at the local auction house people will pay 30 bucks for a locked up ms170. And I'll walk out with 2 super 25s and a super xl for 5 bucks each, and make all three run.

that makes me sick to my stomach, China **** sucks, think about it, what went in to make those kits? What is bad is that they have all of the tooling from either Stihl having them make stuff ( in the building right next door) or them robbing the tooling. Either way it sucks for the legal legitimate business. The US government buys tons of stuff made in china and turns their head or does not even know about it. in some instances the made in china logo/tag is covered up with another sticker so it to not violate DOD rules and regulations. BS

To each his own i guess, but id rather have a throw away US mase poulan than a chinese wanna be stihl.

Theres no pride here in America anymore. It used to mean something to see a "made in USA" tag on something. It still means something to me to be american and own as much american as possible. I know sometimes we have no choice, but if you do have a choice, think about where your hard earned money is going to go, is it gonna stay here? Did you help support another american trying to make a living. ..

It does matter

Sure, i know sometimes you get trimmed without even knowing thats the worst part. And sometimes our finances give us no option. Wasnt stabbing at anyone here personally, dont want anyone to take offense to it.

Same here, been with GM for over thirty years and I've seen parts go down hill. Cherry used to make great switches and never had problems, now we do because of low over seas bidders. Some stuff made in USA in put together with Chinese made parts. If i had my chose, Taiwan or China, Taiwan, to me its a little better made. But thats tools, USA if it not to expensive. Special tools are getting expensive when turning wrenches for a living.

Steve

Back