Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We stick to factory parts. My personal stuff I use NAPA. We will use aftermarket parts on cars but we give the customer the choise if its not under warranty. No way I could work on every brand, have enough problems fixing GM's mistakes. Computer problem to nav/radio blue tooth headaches.

Steve

Said i was thinking, didn't mean i was. Most of the cars and trucks we sale, most of the stuff is made in China, Buick has a car that is made in China, have had problems with that one.

Steve
I have not owned a GM vehicle in probably 20 years or more and I promise that won't change in the future.

Working for a used parts co. I've learned the insurance co's force most shops to use OEM parts to repair forcing the cost of used OEM parts up, in turn forcing the cost the aftermarket OEM down. That now forces the request for OEM down so we don't buy GM cars at auction because, for some reason GM released more permission for aftermarket parts to be produced. Anyone follow that ramble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parts and vehicle quality is down across the board, same goes for chainsaws. Look what happened to poulan, mac,and homelite, they fell apart. Now you got legit oem stihl being made in china. Its a s***show anymore.

I stopped buying Gm when they closed our doors because they f up. Then a month later they sent out a letter giving our franchise back. Dude, we closed, sold out the tools, no building. P off a bunch of us. Havent bought GM sense, still have my 94 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4, getting sold, wife drive Honda and I'm driving an old Kia Sportage my sister in law gave me when my Geo Tracker got totaled.

Steve

I stopped buying Gm when they closed our doors because they f up. Then a month later they sent out a letter giving our franchise back. Dude, we closed, sold out the tools, no building. P off a bunch of us. Havent bought GM sense, still have my 94 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4, getting sold, wife drive Honda and I'm driving an old Kia Sportage my sister in law gave me when my Geo Tracker got totaled.

Steve

I wouldnt blame you for being pissed, that seems to be the new thing, take no responsibility and leave it at someone elses feet.

Is it me or are people out of their minds on CL with saw prices lately? There's a red Craftsman S25 on CL locally listed for $100. It's not even the CVA PS version.

Yeah wait for a bigger countervibe 350 seems to be the norm for 4200s

I gave up on finding a really good deal on a 4200 and up. I have been researching and have opened my range to saws other than green saws so I know what I am looking at in case I run into a deal. That's how I found the one in my avatar. I pretty much have the size spectrum in saws covered so I just wait for the next deal that comes along. Don't get me wrong my go to saw has been and probably will be for quite a while is my Craftsman 3.3/3300.

Dont give up on a 4200, i have two my brother found one a local farmer had, he tried to pay, but the guy said nope its old just take it, i went to school with him top notch guy. This is poulan country here ill find one for ya. If youve never run one, once you do you'll be hooked on em, hell i gotta 32" bar on one full comp chain and it dont back down from anything and thats a fact.

I gave up on finding a really good deal on a 4200 and up. I have been researching and have opened my range to saws other than green saws so I know what I am looking at in case I run into a deal. That's how I found the one in my avatar. I pretty much have the size spectrum in saws covered so I just wait for the next deal that comes along. Don't get me wrong my go to saw has been and probably will be for quite a while is my Craftsman 3.3/3300.
I just came home with an almost brand new craftsman 3.3 for 7.50, I posted pics a few pages back

Latest posts

Back