Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What rings did u use, caber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had some oem rings hanging around. Caber rings will work just as well, if u can find them. I see 3400 rings frequently but not 3800 . Check the "Greek" on EBay
That'd be great! Let me know how I can get you $$ for shipping.
That'd be great! Let me know how I can get you $$ for shipping.
PM me your address and I'll get one out. You will have to clean it and put your carb kit on it.

I had some oem rings hanging around. Caber rings will work just as well, if u can find them. I see 3400 rings frequently but not 3800 . Check the "Greek" on EBay

PM me your address and I'll get one out. You will have to clean it and put your carb kit on it.
Google Poulan part 530025933 and you'll likely find sourc s.

Ar you going to bump up the pin from 7 to 8. I think for now I'll pull the rim system on the 3450 and swap it with the 3300 that I think I will be playing with.
Eventually I will, it's got a 7 on it now because I had to convert it to a rim drive. I'll see how it acts but a ported 50cc saw with a 14 inch bar, or is it a 12? With lopro, it ought be right at home with a 9 :D:surprised3: I'll have to get it from dansco because it's the small spline

Yep like Bob said use Dirko or Yamabond or something similar. Those are made to with stand fuel. Just put a thin layer on the crankcase and torque it down. Then let it sit for 24 hours before touching it any further. I have eliminated the base gasket and then shave another .015" off the base of the cylinder before so you have plenty of room. If you know how to check the squish then do it.

Eventually I will, it's got a 7 on it now because I had to convert it to a rim drive. I'll see how it acts but a ported 50cc saw with a 14 inch bar, or is it a 12? With lopro, it ought be right at home with a 9 :D:surprised3: I'll have to get it from dansco because it's the small spline
Mid build, it kinda looks like a child's toy!20170121_193550.jpg

So I got this 3400 back together today and went tune it and well... that didn't work out too well. Can you see why ‍♂️
57d8433fa458557b6c153a21765e0111.jpg

e50f2eefa1050da2a51244bed1ff4dde.jpg

Just keep her wide open all the time. No need to tune the low side.

Did you pull cylinder? Might have been easier to put on intake boot and clamp with the cylinder off.
Yeah I had crank and everything out of it, I got the saw complete and scored from a junkyard for 2.50, I just had the cylinder bolted down at that point to check the squish. There's a pic of it on its way apart.
20161009_125312.jpg

Yeah I had crank and everything out of it, I got the saw complete and scored from a junkyard for 2.50, I just had the cylinder bolted down at that point to check the squish. There's a pic of it on its way apart.
View attachment 565675

How does a saw get that dirty? The crud on the oil cap doesn't look like it is disturbed. I have a pair of 350's waiting for 346 p&c kits when I get the time and money.

Don't know, but I stripped it and cleaned it with a wirebrush, toothbrush, toothpicks, and a lot of soaking in the partswasher

Back