Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave the red cva to a friend that owned one when he first started his tree company. Traded a blue and green no av for some rear handle newer plastic saws. Still have the wiz cva project and a yellow 2.1 runner (need outer cast muffler cover). Will trade or go cheap. No longer into series. If interested Tim or others.

View attachment 607130 View attachment 607131

Do you want another red cva (wizard) for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I use poulan 4000, cylinder, carburetor, top cover and muffler on a 3400 or 3800? I picked up a 4000 that got pretty smashed at the scrap yard. I believe the cylinder, carburetor, top cover, air filter cover, crankcase and gas tank survived. The wrap handle, flywheel, pull start, clutch cover and rear handle did not survive.

You can use a 4000 top end on any of those saws as well as the other parts but the flywheel and pulley are different but can be used together as a swap

You can use a 4000 top end on any of those saws as well as the other parts but the flywheel and pulley are different but can be used together as a swap

Thanks for the information, I’ll watch for a junk 3400 or 3800 on the scrap yard. Thanks

I picked up a 4900 recently, haven't had a chance to really look at it but the seller pointed out an odd whistling when you crank it overs with the AF cover off. Sounds somewhat like a kazoo...where to start looking?

As an aside, the seller indicated compression was 150 PSI.

Mark

Something in the muffler?

I picked up a 4900 recently, haven't had a chance to really look at it but the seller pointed out an odd whistling when you crank it overs with the AF cover off. Sounds somewhat like a kazoo...where to start looking?

Mark

Definitely calls for a video with sound.

Mark

I think I might take a peek at the reeds

Mark

Reed valves would be the first thing I would check.

Have an old WildThing 2375 that I'm looking at for a buddy. He has the Lo and hi needles all out of whack. Anyone know what the initial settings are? Waldro carb. My memory recalls something like 2-3 open but that seems rather extreme. It's an old 2001 without a chainbrake. I thought they all had brakes but not this one.

Have an old WildThing 2375 that I'm looking at for a buddy. He has the Lo and hi needles all out of whack. Anyone know what the initial settings are? Waldro carb. My memory recalls something like 2-3 open but that seems rather extreme. It's an old 2001 without a chainbrake. I thought they all had brakes but not this one.

2.5 turns out on both seems to be the norm. I checked both the repair manual and the owners manual and they don't specify.

well it seems 1.5 open or so for this saw is the sweet spot. Still have to see how it runs once hot. Maybe have a fuel tank venting issue Think I'll do a pressure/vacuum test of the fuel tank. I presume the cap is vented as the IPL doesn't show anything.

well it seems 1.5 open or so for this saw is the sweet spot. Still have to see how it runs once hot. Maybe have a fuel tank venting issue Think I'll do a pressure/vacuum test of the fuel tank. I presume the cap is vented as the IPL doesn't show anything.

I think you are right on the cap vent. I'm not sure if they typically fail open and leak gas or clog up when the valve goes. One review I saw of the cap said the vent clogged and he had to open the cap periodically.

Back