Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need some info from the masters with 34/37/4000 bow saws. Installing a bow bar on my build, how much trimming on the case and clutch cover is needed to get the proper clearance, Pictures would be nice. I'll need to lengthen the chain also, what count are you running, #7 drive sprocket on saw, 3/8 chain, something for me to go by, haven't counted my drive links yet.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Need some info from the masters with 34/37/4000 bow saws. Installing a bow bar on my build, how much trimming on the case and clutch cover is needed to get the proper clearance, Pictures would be nice. I'll need to lengthen the chain also, what count are you running, #7 drive sprocket on saw, 3/8 chain, something for me to go by, haven't counted my drive links yet.

You want to make sure to drill your corners out before you cut so it dont crack in the corner later on. I'll try to post the picture tonight

Well, got a bow bar coming for my 3700 build. Does any one know or have specs for the upper and lower guards, gonna have to make a set out of aluminum square tubing to be safer. Dad never ran his homie super xl12 auto without them and I feel the same way.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
That guy from Georgia who posted here that he rebuilds bows makes the guards and will sell them to you

I think you are right on the cap vent. I'm not sure if they typically fail open and leak gas or clog up when the valve goes. One review I saw of the cap said the vent clogged and he had to open the cap periodically.
Checked the cap this morning. Has a duckbill valve in it. Seems to be clear so believe I'm good there. Also thinking of getting a chainbrake cover for it. Only difference is this saw has the bar adjustment screw on the saw body whereas the chainbrake cover has the adjusting screw on the cover.

I remembered someone posting about the bows but couldn't remember, mind slipping some more.

Mine too, took me a while to find this.

It will answer your questions other then your chain length. I do know for the right Poulan 13" bow you need a 80dl chain and on a 14" a 87 is called for. Without knowing the brand of the bow and the size, I can't say for sure but it should give you a starting point. As for the guards, the guy went by Bowmaster here. Not sure if he still visits or not but i have his contact info.

Attachments

• Poulan Bow Guide.pdf
    811 KB · Views: 14
What do you think about my craftsman?
e57abc5d93085c289c16d1b37f558936.jpg
09048fdf35212003fb904d0d995f17b6.jpg
b071ffea30f54350afbfb28231078816.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my second one from this scrap yard. They laid them out for me instead of crushing them. I also got a 4000 that got pretty badly damaged, but I think the cylinder, piston, crankshaft, crankcase, muffler and top covers survived so I plan to put those parts on a 3400. I have a grey 3400 and 3800 that just need carburetor work, so the search continues for a cheap/free blown up one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back