Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 642617 View attachment 642618 View attachment 642619 Finished up a few saws recently, all needed minimal work and run very well. First was a 2900. First one I've done. Nice saw, better than I thought, did new fuel lines and it runs great. Took it in as cash plus trade for another plastic poulan I sold. 20" bar is optimistic but the guy who bought it was happy.
Next is this super clean 2800. This saw probably has 5 tanks through it. Rebuilt carb new fuel and pulse lines. Real snappy saw. I like this era the best, I never turn these saws down.
Finally a 1.8/10". First one of these I've seen. It runs good and with that 10" bar it will scream.
Is the 2900 similar to the PP295? I like my 295

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

View attachment 642617 View attachment 642618 View attachment 642619 Finished up a few saws recently, all needed minimal work and run very well. First was a 2900. First one I've done. Nice saw, better than I thought, did new fuel lines and it runs great. Took it in as cash plus trade for another plastic poulan I sold. 20" bar is optimistic but the guy who bought it was happy.
Next is this super clean 2800. This saw probably has 5 tanks through it. Rebuilt carb new fuel and pulse lines. Real snappy saw. I like this era the best, I never turn these saws down.
Finally a 1.8/10". First one of these I've seen. It runs good and with that 10" bar it will scream.

Nice trio Joe.

I see some Deere in your stable in the background, wished we had one with a cab, all ours are open station. Be nice to have a/c and heat.

Did a poulan 330 up for a local guys order last night. Opened up inner baffle, put a gill on front cover side for dual port. Took a K095 bar 3/8 050 72dl and elongated the bar tensioner slots for oiling. Also so he could use his 72dl chains from other saw.
Then set a little fat around 12.8K with a 13.8K oem max setting.

pp330m.jpg pp330mm.jpg pp330mmmm.jpg

Both of these are supposed to be 3700 cylinders but they clearly have different exhaust ports
bba26b22d5fcf8706ad72178cbcffbb2.jpg
the one on the left has the lip like 3400 one on right is like 4000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back