Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those seals look real close to the crank, did the saw get harder to turn over by hand after replacing?

Steve
They are really close to the crank. I thought that’s what guys were using on these. They went on fine, but now you have me second guessing myself. Is there a aftermarket seal that will work ? Or should I look for nos poulan seals?

Anyone not looking not to spend a pile of money on a full chisel 3/8 lo pro non safety chain for the smaller Poulans the Archer chains are really nice and $10 cheaper shipped ($14 for a 62 DL ) than Stihl PS or PS3. I just put one on the 2400 and think I'm going to be impressed. They square file up real nice.

Followup on the Archer chain. When finally finishing off the square filing and found out that I ended up with one of those 1 in a million fluke chains that has a 3 semi-chisel cutter section instead of full chisel. I send Archer a reply message via Ebay with a picture. The rep replied back in less that 2 hours and will have a replacement chain in the mail ASAP! Now that's customer service. He said they send out a few thousand loops a month and this was his first one. I also asked if they had any plans of doing a full chisel factory square ground regular 3/8 like the Oregon CL and Stihl RSLK. Who knows, if enough people ask we might see a value 3/8 square ground chain on the market.

Followup on the Archer chain. When finally finishing off the square filing and found out that I ended up with one of those 1 in a million fluke chains that has 3 semi-chisel cutter section instead of full chisel. I send Archer a reply message via Ebay with a picture. The rep replied back in less that 2 hours and will have a replacement chain in the mail ASAP! Now that's customer service. He said they send out a few thousand loops a month and this was his first one. I also asked if they had any plans of doing a full chisel factory square ground regular 3/8 like the Oregon CL and Stihl RSLK. Who knows, if enough people ask we might see a value 3/8 square ground chain on the market.

Can we see a picture of that also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Followup on the Archer chain. When finally finishing off the square filing and found out that I ended up with one of those 1 in a million fluke chains that has a 3 semi-chisel cutter section instead of full chisel. I send Archer a reply message via Ebay with a picture. The rep replied back in less that 2 hours and will have a replacement chain in the mail ASAP! Now that's customer service. He said they send out a few thousand loops a month and this was his first one. I also asked if they had any plans of doing a full chisel factory square ground regular 3/8 like the Oregon CL and Stihl RSLK. Who knows, if enough people ask we might see a value 3/8 square ground chain on the market.
Can we see a picture of that also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes sir!
DSCN6196.JPG

They are really close to the crank. I thought that’s what guys were using on these. They went on fine, but now you have me second guessing myself. Is there a aftermarket seal that will work ? Or should I look for nos poulan seals?
I ordered new poulan seals online, Jack's small engines, had them in stock.

Steve

Just wow.

I buy PS PS3 in 25' or 100' at time and there wasnt much of a break in price with archer in same. Glad I didnt buy any if semi chisel in mixed in like that. I'd been pizzed getting a roll like that.

If I was buying rolls I would take the risk knowing they reply back quick and would prob replace for nothing = extra chain. I found the Archer 3/8 LP full chisel 100 ft for 219 and 25 ft for 70 shipped. Maybe the prices came down.

Difference between the Poulan and skf, skf on the right.
4494f12f8d40a04baddb57ad7605fe8f.jpg
9831d4ce955e04b1937af37dbea9b8d0.jpg

Steve

Don't have them old Poulan seals, I still may have the skf seals, I'll have to look and see tomorrow at work. Just know the skf seals were too tight with close clearance to the bearing and didn't like the feel on the crank being too hard to turn cause of the seals.

Steve

There's some guys here, I trust what they know and have learned, and I learn from them. If you can still get factory, get factory. I look up to them cause they know their stuff, lot smarter than I on theses old trusty saws.

Steve

Latest posts

Back