Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Bob...Almost too hot outside for cutting wood!

Check those other three saws’ sprockets for binding when fully tightened down. No drag at all, even with the brass bushing types.

There should be at least .015/020” sideways shake or slop from side to side to keep dirt & heat from binding them up.

Since available replacement sprockets are all aftermarket Oregon or Herr now, I’ve had to belt sand a couple of sprockets’ drive side faces to get the proper clearance opened back up.

Morning Bob...Almost too hot outside for cutting wood!

Check those other three saws’ sprockets for binding when fully tightened down. No drag at all, even with the brass bushing types.

There should be at least .015/020” sideways shake or slop from side to side to keep dirt & heat from binding them up.

Since available replacement sprockets are all aftermarket Oregon or Herr now, I’ve had to belt sand a couple of sprockets’ drive side faces to get the proper clearance opened back up.
OK. If I hear you, I may need to enlarge the bushing area. Not sure I understand "beltsanding the drive side faces"? You referring to the sprocket face so it doesn't bind on the clutch cover?

I dont see any metal damage or did I miss it? I run saws like this . New bearings and measure the pin for wear. I fix snowmobiles and see this all the time in the shop . I checked my mail and found a care package . Thanks buddy will put these baby saws back in the runner class.
IMG_2439.JPG

Back