Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few days ago.
Finally finished testing the PP415 65cc I picked up from a closing shop. Ran fine at full throttle in the cuts but couldnt get it to idle very long before it stopped. All the tuning in the world no help. So I started digging.
Suppose to have been ready to cut. He said he had been in the carb. Well maybe he was. But the fulcrum was bent side ways and the carb kit was getting real iffy.
So cleaned carb and put new kit in it. Still same problem.
Being I had a 2083 that I had just rebuilt the carb and knew it was known good I swapped it in. Good to go.
Figure L side or idle circuit has some blockage somewhere.
65cc with 24" full comp buried in dry ash. 100% satisfied with it now.

pp415z.jpg pp415zz.jpg pp415zzz.jpg pp415zzzz.jpg

I don't see saws like that in my neck of the woods, plenty on top handles or occasionally a Sears best Craftsman.

Steve

Trying to get rid of the micro top handle stuff. Got complete running saws to dead to plenty of bins of parts to move. Already moved all of the S25 series etc. Want the shelf space. ;)

Heck getting back the 2000 I bought new in 94 too.

That one should be a keep sake

Steve

I'm taking about the 2000

Steve

Nah. The Dayton / Poulan 245 that was my grandfather's is more a keepsake, but even that one is a runner. I have no garage queens. I don't have an immediate need for a top handle saw, but when the need arises, it will be nice to have the proper tool for the job. I don't climb, so figure this will be my saw for when I'm in the bucket of a cherry picker (or working from a ladder :crazy2: which does happen from time to time). The 346 is small, but there are times when a saw that is even smaller is better suited for the task.

I'm taking about the 2000

Steve

If talking about the one I am getting back from dad.
I gave it to him to replace a mac top handle I despised since he had bought it new back in late 70's maybe early 80's.
I gave him a little easy start 180 to replace the 2000.
So it and the 3300 he bought new is coming to me. Giving him a saw with decomp to replace the 3300.

Old pic of 2000. It came with 16"

XXand2000.jpg

If talking about the one I am getting back from dad.
I gave it to him to replace a mac top handle I despised since he had bought it new back in late 70's maybe early 80's.
I gave him a little easy start 180 to replace the 2000.
So it and the 3300 he bought new is coming to me. Giving him a saw with decomp to replace the 3300.

Old pic of 2000. It came with 16"

View attachment 671197
Love that banana nose bar very cool.. 12 inch 45 links?

I mean i like how those old banana bars look ...I have a few but they are beat up think for my shelf saws im going to wire brush and sand them paint them and they will look cool LOL......i have to admit when i was younger i put the biggest bar i could on everything...now im seeing those little 12 inch bars work pretty good on saws in the 30 cc range.....Funny how your taste in things and how you look at things changes with age......

I mean i like how those old banana bars look ...I have a few but they are beat up think for my shelf saws im going to wire brush and sand them paint them and they will look cool LOL......i have to admit when i was younger i put the biggest bar i could on everything...now im seeing those little 12 inch bars work pretty good on saws in the 30 cc range.....Funny how your taste in things and how you look at things changes with age......

old pic of the last few I moved that I had picked up off feebay.

pnosb.jpg

I used yo be the same way, if it would run a bigger bar, throw it on. Now I run what's best for the saw. I run 14" bars on my top handles.

Steve

Back