Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea im afraid to say metric is now standard measure. This wee saw is running so well seems sad to go n pull it apart. I re measured again and yea maybe 1.1. I've lost my feeler set so am using tig filler wire hehe rough i know. I was going to pull the cylinder and remove the gasket at some point and have a gander inside.

A 350 is still a 350, a small block 400 is still a small block 400 and a 454 is still a big block motor. 4.3, 5.7, 7.4 just sounds wimpy.

Steve

Agreed. I like psi too its just very easy to measure stuff with metric 4.5mm to 4500mm its the same its accurate its fast its in 10s. Im using a tape all day at work and 16 inches and 9/16ths or 478mm. Its a real mouthfull to me I get it with small stuff like the play in a bearing thousandths works great but grab a metric tape and go measure a bit of timber or something it really is a simple easy sistem.

It makes bolts n screws really simple metric fine or course. M5 M6 M8 M10 and on.. unc unf bsp bsw how many more are there? 1 glance at a metric threaded hole or screw is all it takes "aww yup 6mil fine and go n find one. No measureing threads no nothing eg m8 x 1.25 or m8 x 1.00 is very easy to see the difference.

For your use. There are 25.4 mm per inch

Millimeters to inches 1.2 mm / 25.4 = 0.0472"

Inches to mm 0.0472" X 25,4 = 1.2 mm

Or here is a handy website that will covert about any measure to another. Many I've never heard of.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Heck, it even tackles shoe and clothing sizes conversions from different countries.

Latest posts

Back