Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting when you get into the art of 2 stroke expansion chamber's it essentially is kind of supercharger the sound waves come racing back into the cylinder just as it closes and boosts compression. And changing the shape of the pipe changes when that point happens so those old scarey 2 bangers could of had a change in pipe n bring it on easyer and softer but then give away top end. All a big compromise but dam there fun when there late. A YZ 250 is allways more fun than a yzf450. 4 strokes are boring in mx and way too expensive also any more than 2 strokes is a wank haha

I'm am hoping, AGAIN, that I found the fuel delivery problem with my f@_&$ng 25DA. There was only time today to give the line some slack and take out the kink. I'll know tomorrow if it is the source of the problem. The only thing that I can think of that allowed the saw to run for several minutes before cutting out is heat??? I'm thinking that, once the saw got hot, the heat transfered to the line and made it softer which allowed the kink to pinch off the supply???
7baffd551a249ba6db3e8ae72622e672.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Here is a sleeper . A 250 kawi triple I restored . I bored the case and bolted on a 400 top end . It would rip that moped tire with just throttle .

View attachment 682583
Reminds me of a Kawasaki triple 350 my brother had, could hear it for miles and had the power. He always carried a few extra plugs in case he fouled out one.

Steve

I'm am hoping, AGAIN, that I found the fuel delivery problem with my f@_&$ng 25DA. There was only time today to give the line some slack and take out the kink. I'll know tomorrow if it is the source of the problem. The only thing that I can think of that allowed the saw to run for several minutes before cutting out is heat??? I'm thinking that, once the saw got hot, the heat transfered to the line and made it softer which allowed the kink to pinch off the supply???
7baffd551a249ba6db3e8ae72622e672.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That don't look good.

Steve

My brother in law has the big one the 750 triple sitting in his garage with dust all over it. I got to drive it once back in the mid 80s, awesome is a under statement

My old girlfriends father had a 750 one for 10 years he sold it to a man and told him to take it easy and learn it before you give it a thrashing well that man killed himself on the way home with it the silly bugger:(

Primed it tonight. Try to lay some green in the afternoon. Have a decal coming from sugar creek supply. Found a nice 24 inch Windsor bar on the 4000 that I picked up, got a little crazy and sanded all the paint off to a bare polished look. Think I’ll run it just like that, looks kinda neat.

Latest posts

Back