Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a guy I sold my 8500 to that has enough NOS parts to build them from. He bought out several poulans dealers back in the day and just stores it all. ;)

Cant remember how many of the whole series he has stored away but it was crazy numbers.

He was next in line on the 5400 too. He had said he wanted it but 1 buyer stopped it.

p8500o.jpg

Of the 5200, 5400, 8500, the 5200, in my humble opinion, is a lighter and a much more pleasant saw to run. The 8500 feels noticeably heavier.

Ever notice how companies who got bought up by Electrolux choked off the parts supply of saws that were of pre ELUX ownership?

There’s some NLA/obsoleted S25DA piston kits on Fleabag right now, if you need one. Getting hard to find.

Hopefully some prick does not buy out the whole lot for resale, like he did on the 4000 series air filters a couple of weeks ago.

Buy 10 x $11 and then flip them on feebay for $25 ;) Easy to see who.

3666 feedbacks US $10.95 10 Oct-15-18 16:14:25 PDT
s.gif

s.gif

There’s some NLA/obsoleted S25DA piston kits on Fleabag right now, if you need one. Getting hard to find.

Hopefully some prick does not buy out the whole lot for resale, like he did on the 4000 series air filters a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah I have a few, left let me know how many you need
f9b894484f09d9b21b848c55b031a54e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two cents, millions of the 1978- 1990 saws were built, most of the parts have been thrown away by the dealers, I could only imagine how many 3400 variants were made. I own a bit of the NOS parts . We live in a disposable society, most got junked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wankers thats really sad. Trying to get sales of new junk going i spose

I’m inclined to paint the whole saw now. But then if I did that I wouldent wanna scratch it and it would sit on a shelf. So I better leave it as it is and use it. View attachment 683203Just waiting on a decal from scs. And a new chain on Monday. Anyone have a plastic hand guard that goes on the top cover? I’m sure they don’t last bieng plastic
Nice , I think it blended with the original perfect. I see a little mac in the background ?

Latest posts

Back