Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one is setup different that the two I just worked on, they were the older models, yours is setup like mine. The ones with the throttle cable are a pain to remove and install carb and runs a smaller fuel line from the tank.

Steve

Sorry, I am a bit confused. Is mine the the one that is a pain, or the good one? Not that I plan on needing to do anything, just that I would like to be prepared. Either way, I will have to look into the size of fuel line as I may have to replace it and would like to have it on hand when the time comes. I will try the cover screw tomorrow afternoon. Thank you for your help.

The Poulan 3700 specs say that the max rpm's for that saw is 8500,is that no load or in the cut? That would be awfully low for no load.

I've never seen that spec published by Poulan in any of the documentation I have. If you pulled it off Acre's site I'm not sure where he got that from but it appears he lists the speed under load.

No way a 3700 max's out at 8500 no load. I would think 11,000 - 12,000 rpm stock.

The 4000 p and c are still there waiting for someone to take home. The last 4000 cylinder I got 2 months ago was 40.00 but no piston. I'm thinking a new set of rings might be big money if you could get them

You can get the rings there just a bit long.
Is not cheaper to buy a whole running 4000? Or do they not come up very often

I've never seen that spec published by Poulan in any of the documentation I have. If you pulled it off Acre's site I'm not sure where he got that from but it appears he lists the speed under load.

No way a 3700 max's out at 8500 no load. I would think 11,000 - 12,000 rpm stock.

That's kinda what I was thinking and mine has a base gasket delete, a mild port job and muffler mod so around 12,000 would probably be about right.

I rarely see one on eBay, mostly 3400 and an occasional 3800.

Steve

I wonder how many were sold compared to the others. If I think about it there kinda in a odd cc as in the 3400 makes sense like a 10-10 the 1st full size saw and plenty for the average homeowner/firewooder then at 64cc for a 4000 you mite as well have went for a bigger saw. I could be just talking out my ass I have no idea really. Has anyone got a brochure to look at? I love learning about all this

Sorry, here it is. The tip of the screwdriver is pointing to the location in question. Thank you.
afs_li10.jpg
Fixed it...
That missing screw is 530016425.

That missing screw is 530016245.
Sorry, but think you have a little typo there. I think the number you were wanting to mention was 530016425. The number you referenced is a nut, and indeed, I do need a screw. Thank you for your help and time.

Back