Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to make some kind of muffler gaskets. Need one on the cylinder cause the port isn't flat, a "1/6 gap on one side and the the baffle leaks at the bottom of the muffler housing. Someone suggested red high temp rtv, don't know if that would hold up.

Steve

I've got to make some kind of muffler gaskets. Need one on the cylinder cause the port isn't flat, a "1/6 gap on one side and the the baffle leaks at the bottom of the muffler housing. Someone suggested red high temp rtv, don't know if that would hold up.

Steve
Website is slow as **** again!, no wonder I only visit once a week...

Felpro Fel-Ramic 3009 sheet from Advanced or O'Reillys & your Dremel tool w/ a thin cutoff wheel & a burr to “mill/drill“ with.

Easy to do, but makes a mess. All my old Poulans, from little S25DA through 306 up to 5200 get one. No more black crap on your painted clutch covers or cases.

13FB8ED7-CACE-45F5-83BC-92BF6942D7A9.jpeg E148E022-391F-42B4-B224-669F5E6DB339.jpeg

Label in pic says 3/64” thick, but sheet actually measures 0.050”. Hope you typod the 1/6” or 0.167” gap dimension, as that is too big for a gasket to make up or seal, & needs to be tig welded.

Make 2, stack them up, then do a Georgian redneck taper on the stack using a belt sander, if you wanted to match your messed up port.

Could add a 1/2 HP (or more?) to your saw, like those copper sheet exhaust gaskets that the idiot on fleabay is selling for Stihl 660s, lol

Website is slow as **** again!, no wonder I only visit once a week...

Felpro Fel-Ramic 3009 sheet from Advanced or O'Reillys & your Dremel tool w/ a thin cutoff wheel & a burr to “mill/drill“ with.

Easy to do, but makes a mess. All my old Poulans, from little S25DA through 306 up to 5200 get one. No more black crap on your painted clutch covers or cases.

View attachment 693542 View attachment 693543
Great work around .... Going to get myself a sheet .

Cleaning up and searching for pp325 parts I notice that obselete pp325 isolator rubbers are the same for Jonsered 520 sp and 525 . Another option !
I also see the cyl for the pp325 has a # 503609102 / 503609172 replacement option from a husky. If true that means that some replacement parts are available from the orient as well . Cant always trust the net , anybody tried it?
IMG_3687.JPG IMG_3688.JPG

Label in pic says 3/64” thick, but sheet actually measures 0.050”. Hope you typod the 1/6” or 0.167” gap dimension, as that is too big for a gasket to make up or seal, & needs to be tig welded.

Make 2, stack them up, then do a Georgian redneck taper on the stack using a belt sander, if you wanted to match your messed up port.

Could add a 1/2 HP (or more?) to your saw, like those copper sheet exhaust gaskets that the idiot on fleabay is selling for Stihl 660s, lol
NAPA has it for $8.00, I'll pickup a sheet from them, in stock. May use Indian Head shellac also to help seal it up.

Steve

Back