Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these desirable? Well you poulan boys know but does average Johnny? 82cc sounds real good

Like any saw they have their following.

I know you guys got them over your way. I have sold parts to guys over there with the jonsered and partner labeled ones.

83cc

j20833.jpg

For anyone needing some SKF 6119 seals for the 3400-4000 series saws I found them at E.B. Atmus Co.Inc. phone# 800-666-6761. Anything over $75 is free shipping so I bought 16 for $80 .
I get National 253747 for $3.99 @ Auto Zone with next day pickup. Cheapest I've found.

Steve

So whats the sign above your bench ? Dealer sign?

Over bench 1 is a partner sign, back wall a husky sign, bench 2 a stihl sign. Then there are jonsered poulan, echo, efco, etc etc everywhere.

Some of them big jred on back wall but cant find a pic

redsign2.jpg signscrosscut.png hsign.jpg signssleds.png signsxx.jpg signsx.jpg

Now that is a great man cave and a nice place to work on saws and stuff

Wasnt by choice. 2006 I lost my 2 story 70x55 1800's barn in 100mph straight line winds.

This is what I had built in its place 3 days under roof after it was started. We came up with our wants and they built to it.

barn06before.jpg barn06after.jpg newbarnshop.JPG

That is a loss of a cool timber frame, I have always wanted one of any size. The new one looks very nice outside and inside

Salvageable hand hewed timber was sold to a contractor in Ohio that uses it for inside cabins and homes for folks.
Was only like $1000-$1200 and didnt care. Just wanted it gone after we sorted through it and stacked.
Me and my wife had done all of the clean up.

I cut 3 cars and my plow truck out on my own.

carsccccc.jpg carsccc.jpg carscamaro2.jpg carscamaro.jpg carschevelle.jpg carsimpala.jpg

7ff4bdb5b1a617f3e30eada97407f8cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bow saws buck those rounds’ ends so squarely, perfect for standing straight up when hand splitting.

Hydraulic splitter won’t matter, they’ll munch through any sloppy end cuts, like mine usually are, lol.

Ouch

I'm a true believer everything happens for a reason. I couldnt see it then. But it sure worked out in the end.

I had a shop fire in march of 2015 . Lost everything inside to fire or smoke. Several vintage bikes didnt survive. Lucky the two Italian sisters in my avatar pic were in the house mancave! The worst was a lifetime collection of tools were melted or rusted to death . I spent hundreds of hours cleaning things. In the end it was a good thing thanks to good insurance .

What happened with your bruised up cars?

Collected insurance on 2 of 3 and found out I was way under insured. They was going to take them all and I ask how could I keep. He said take 80% of insured value. So I did.

The 66 was still being restored. Was a family friends I knew and grew up with that had bought it new. Brount it back from TN. I was driving it on the land only while going through things.

Being I was going to have to start over on restoring. I started checking the prices for stuff. :eek:
I did the 65 in the 80's the 69 in the late 80;s early 90;s and had just started on the 66 in 05.

After pricing doing the camaro chevelle again. I decided to list the 66 impala convt with 327 FS.

Guy shows up with flat bed and while there ask what are you going to do with the 69 camaro. Had a 66 327 30 over and original 327 that came in it being built first 4 months of the production. I said well might fix or sell but right now just the 66.
He said ok I'll take 66. He goes you have a price in mind on the 69. I said yep. He said a price and I said that is right on the head.
So he loaded up 2 cars.
He then ask about my 65 chevelle malibu convt with original 283 rebuilt in high school. I told him I wasnt ready to cut it loose.

A year later and not finding a oem fender for 65 I put it up FS. Guy drove from Indy in 65 elcamino with his son and drove it back with all my 65 parts. He had been looking for one to do a frame off restoration. That one hurt alittle seeing it drive off as we went way back.

Back