Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only way to find out is buy one and be the guinea pig. There were some other difference also on the 3400 piston kit. Had to reuse my wrist pin and bearings. Kits pin too small and so that made the bearing the wrong size. Factory bearings fit the a.m. piston but, I had to stake them in place. Comes with wrist pin retainers which the a.m. piston doesn't have groves for. Pin is press fit into rod.

Steve

Plain piston for the 4000 and 3700. Chrome on the 3400 and if I'm not mistaken so is the 3800. If that 3400 piston kit I got from LRB had been plated, I'd probably be still running it, but it was all for the best when I got a 3700 top end with crank that was in perfect shape for around $35.00. But what I didn't like was when I sent them (LRB) a message they never answered me back. Lost my business and confidence in them supplying parts that are hard to get.

Steve

Plain piston for the 4000 and 3700. Chrome on the 3400 and if I'm not mistaken so is the 3800. If that 3400 piston kit I got from LRB had been plated, I'd probably be still running it, but it was all for the best when I got a 3700 top end with crank that was in perfect shape for around $35.00. But what I didn't like was when I sent them (LRB) a message they never answered me back. Lost my business and confidence in them supplying parts that are hard to get.

Steve

Yea that bit about the no reply upsets me. Rather stupid really. ok so say they got back to you and made it right one way or another you would be on here praising them for it and there would be a whole bunch of us willing to give them ago (and lurkers who read) but instead they get the exact opposite. Yea ok so a few pistons from us isn't a big loss but still.

You would think that a company willing to produce vintage stuff would do there best to at least build a useable product I mean why bother at all.

How big is this company? Do they have there own factory in China or just getting stuff made like everyone else?

Correct on building a good part, not half ars. I would not praise them on subpar parts. Maybe making good on my part that got damaged. Next Saturday when I go to the farm, I'll snap some pictures of the parts with measurements. I see a lot of problems with new vehicles on the electronics, companies supplying parts, and some of the parts they have subbed out, sometimes is subpar and they fail after a few months if not sooner. Then crap is on national back order cause now the new parts get studied to find what's the problem and get it fixed. LG has been bad about this a few times. Not fun when you have to replace a NAV system because a part LG sourced out, failed. Try that a few thousands of thousands of times in one year model, gets costly.

Steve

Far out I forget bout all the electronic crap in cars now. I drive old junk and it's no issue. What's the old junk going to be like in 20 years if stuff is poked in a few months from new. Try get parts for that off LG lol

How did anyone manage to get anywhere with out a nav system.

We get a huge number of Chinese tourists here and I'm not racist at all but they are terrifying on the road they're allowed these big campervans (RVs) and off they go no test no nothing. A while back we were following one all over the road we slowly overtook it and him and his wife were busy arguing with the nav system and each other for F sake. Our roads are tight twisting hilly uneven messy things at times and they just bang hit the anchors in the middle and start taking pictures or stare at the dam GPS. No english at all the poor cops have a hell of a time. Sorry for the rant.

What it really means

Lucky Goldstar
LG is a South Korean company that manufactures mobile phones, as well as other devices such as televisions and home appliances. LG originally stood for "Lucky Goldstar", but is now promoted as meaning "Life's Good" in the company's marketing campaigns.

Must admit only a few months ago I was still using the family LG glass 29inch tube TV from 2001. Hey dont laugh I can hear you all giggling it's still going great but have finally got a new wiz bang flat screen. I always said yea yea I'll get 1 when this old thing dies but nope it never gave up so I guess LG make some good stuff well did once. Ya think 29 is small it's a dam 2 man lift lol I see why they never went much bigger with a tube.

Well, I had a 62" Sony projection tv til the control board died and they are nla unless you find a hope it works used one. I hated it when it died back in the summer. So I swiped this one out of the spare room. Hard to get used to seeing stuff tiny on tv and I can't even read the fine print that gets put on anymore.

Steve

Latest posts

Back