Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2700 fired up finally after a carb rebuild, new plug, fuel filter, fuel, vent, and pulse lines, base gasket, and a thorough cleaning. It's still not running great, but I did get it to idle and rev. Now I just need to fettle the carbs. I think my air filter solution of putting foam inside the clamshell is choking the thing pretty badly, because I'm at 1 turn on the low speed and 1/2 turn on the high speed to get it running at all. I might try gluing on some fine steel mesh next time. We'll see how it runs with a chain on it. If I just can't get any power out of it, I'll have to get it some more air.

The 2700 fired up finally after a carb rebuild, new plug, fuel filter, fuel, vent, and pulse lines, base gasket, and a thorough cleaning. It's still not running great, but I did get it to idle and rev. Now I just need to fettle the carbs. I think my air filter solution of putting foam inside the clamshell is choking the thing pretty badly, because I'm at 1 turn on the low speed and 1/2 turn on the high speed to get it running at all. I might try gluing on some fine steel mesh next time. We'll see how it runs with a chain on it. If I just can't get any power out of it, I'll have to get it some more air.

Do you have the flocked or nylon screen version of the air filter? 1 1/4 L 7/8 -> 1 H are where most of my 3000's are happy. Are you putting foam inside of the filter? Clamshell (not following)? That would choke it significantly.

If the filter flocking is toast you can use the frame and glue stiff craft felt on both front and rear faces.

Here are a couple pics from a P-series filter that I used the felt on. Same idea.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Do you have the flocked or nylon screen version of the air filter? 1 1/4 L 7/8 -> 1 H are where most of my 3000's are happy. Are you putting foam inside of the filter? Clamshell (not following)? That would choke it significantly.

If the filter flocking is toast you can use the frame and glue stiff craft felt on both front and rear faces.

The old filter was a flocked two-piece design. Most of the flocking was gone, so I attempted to rescue it by opening the two halves and using air filter foam to fill the void. It definitely choked the saw up too much. I think I'm going to try some steel filtering mesh as was recommended on this thread: https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/desintegrated-028-flocked-filter-fix-idea.230819/. It seems like it will be easier to clean than felt or flocking, and at 35 microns, will filter just as well.

Why not buy the right air filter. There is 2 mesh and flocked. Watch ebay and you can pick up both at times. Just dont pay a scalpers fee like some will do you on them.

I have both and nos and used too. Just sold 2 usable used to a guy in mesh and flocked on my CR site. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-air-filters-335-305-3000-3300-etc/

I'd like to be there and see that wild thing scream, would be awesome

Makes me pee myself alittle tuning it for the guy and test cutting :p. Woods ported by a guy I know and trust to do port work.
Some out there I wont deal with or send folks too. I had local send this one to a guy on my site.

What amazed me was the difference the vstack made. We tried the flocked and foam oem filter then the v. Had to retune for the vstack.

Why not buy the right air filter. There is 2 mesh and flocked. Watch ebay and you can pick up both at times. Just dont pay a scalpers fee like some will do you on them.

I have both and nos and used too. Just sold 2 usable used to a guy in mesh and flocked on my CR site. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-air-filters-335-305-3000-3300-etc/

J Davis, Kevin is the way to go for this series of saw, he can help you out with anything you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know most of you are retired and hope the government shutdown is not effecting anyone to much, me on the other hand would never have thought it would effect me but I was just told it will in the next few weeks if they don’t come to a resolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly because I'm cheap. But, I also don't really like flocked filters. I've never liked the way they clean, and I think there are better solutions for cleanable filter media. Since I have a good filter cage, I figure for very little coin I can try a different filtering method to see if I like it. If I don't, then I'll pick up an OEM one.

Mostly because I'm cheap. But, I also don't really like flocked filters. I've never liked the way they clean, and I think there are better solutions for cleanable filter media. Since I have a good filter cage, I figure for very little coin I can try a different filtering method to see if I like it. If I don't, then I'll pick up an OEM one.

IMO then just go with a good mesh one. My favorite too. ;)

Latest posts

Back