Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything works great, nail gone forever, that's where the wheel hit, not able to bend fully yet but I'm working on that. Feel like I dodged a bullet on this one. Word to the wise don't do anything like this it wasn't any fun at all. Thanks for your good thoughts, I needed them more than you know

Haha yea it hurt 20 minutes after but at the time I thought I just had a dead leg and walked around rubbing it off and kinda wasn't too bad no hole in my shorts even. I just came off and sat on a rock my mate says come on we better have a gander at it I'm like na na and get on my bike we get to the bottom of the hill to the chair lift and drop my shorts and there it was with bits of goodies rolling down hahaha then it hurt

Haha ok was coming down a very steep full of rocks hill a really gnarly trail and was wet and muddy and getting steeper and was only getting faster n faster couldn't make the turn and had to just jump off and hope for the best as a big drop off into a gully was coming up real fast. So yea aimed for a nice tussock grass and inside was a big boulder that split me open just from impact, it didn't even rip my shorts. Cardrona ski field is downhill mountain bike heaven in summer down in queenstown. Throw your bike on the lift to the top and hammer down again kinda cheating really

Ah, mountain biking, no thanks. Good way to get hurt and you have the proof. My brother and some of his friends used to go mountain trail riding on dirt bikes and atv's. Sounds like the trail you was one. New bike, second trail his bike passed him and smacked a tree bending the handle bars. Of course the bike was flipping when it went by. Another time they went, he saw an atv up in a tree, said he never figured that one out.

Steve

Ah, mountain biking, no thanks. Good way to get hurt and you have the proof. My brother and some of his friends used to go mountain trail riding on dirt bikes and atv's. Sounds like the trail you was one. New bike, second trail his bike passed him and smacked a tree bending the handle bars. Of course the bike was flipping when it went by. Another time they went, he saw an atv up in a tree, said he never figured that one out.

Steve

Haha that sounds like great fun. Yea the thrill of a small moment you get every time the bike feels out of control for a split second is very addictive it's like the feeling of I'm going to die for that little moment and then then victory when it's back underneath ya again its just awesome. But yes sometimes you get bitten

Back