Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to tell you again how much I like the 3300 frame saws! They run great and are easy to work on. Mine gave me trouble over the weekend. Bog on throttle- knew it was a fuel issue. Usually not the carb but impulse line. So I grab the saw after work reach in with a screw driver and the line is loose on the case fitting. Carb off apart cleaned, new lines and back together and running fine in a half hour. Try to do that on a new saw....

Might have to look at the 3300 ,I know nothing about them. What ones are there and what is the cc of them
Going from memory

the 2800, 3.0, 3300 are bare bore chrome piston

The 285, 3000, 305, 335 are chrome bores

CC/s are 46, 49, and 54.

The other 54's on a larger frame are the 336, 3450 both chrome bores.

I have a 336 and it's a real ripper.

I've been looking for an orange 3000 or a yellow 305 for quite awhile. Not common on my area though.

Hopefully I got that right.

Parts are getting scarce and expensive.

I had the 2700 out yesterday trimming/cleaning up a nuisance Osage Orange on my property. I needed the small size and mobility to get up and under those thorns. Proper dense wood that, and beautiful to boot. The saw ran amazing. It is SLOBBERING bar oil though. I had drips of oil from one end of the 20" bar to the other.

I looked, and it does have an adjustable oiler. Is the oiler is so adjutsable that I can turn it off, or does it just adjust from "low to high?" I have a 16" bar on its way, and would like to get the oil consumption down to a more reasonable level.

I had the 2700 out yesterday trimming/cleaning up a nuisance Osage Orange on my property. I needed the small size and mobility to get up and under those thorns. Proper dense wood that, and beautiful to boot. The saw ran amazing. It is SLOBBERING bar oil though. I had drips of oil from one end of the 20" bar to the other.

I looked, and it does have an adjustable oiler. Is the oiler is so adjutsable that I can turn it off, or does it just adjust from "low to high?" I have a 16" bar on its way, and would like to get the oil consumption down to a more reasonable level.

They don't turn off. Screwed in reduces the flow but not by too much.

Not sure it is going to start but this is the first one I grabbed
1d264c833574f871ce08a3ea63f2de52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back