Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chainsaw back together, new fuel lines, crank seals, nice little cleaning, another starter pulley and a full carb kit. She runs like a top.
8b62c1b6f76bed167a30aebb68bfefd5.jpg
8803981d1757beeba2a2cd749a286028.jpg

Steve

Tried to see what 330 380 3450 3750 crankcases I have left. Checking I think I got enough parts left to build 2 more 100% complete saws.
Just getting out of this series and selling off parts etc.

Helping others out to keep theirs going since alot of parts going NLA last couple years.

DSCF2197.JPG

What series you gonna get into next?

Steve

I went to these for the small saws awhile back. Plus some not in pics.
Basically same series, just the older ones.

Lot of the parts swap over too. Can make the 330 3450 380 3750 cyl's work too by blocking off one of the impulse connections.

Basically moving stuff not using and making some shelf space. Once I get bored with a series or model I sell out and move on. Done alot of that in the past too.

DSCF2167.JPG c33x4.jpg

Just got back from a family camping trip and had a great time. I took my original 3400 , a 4000 and a 5400 . The 5400 was a blast, first time I have used one to cut a lot of wood. The 4000 had some oiler problems that I'll fix and the 3400 was just like old times and never missed a beat, what a great saw. Everyone there just didn't understand why I would take 3 saws and you can't explain it to them.

Lol, hard to explain things to folks sometimes. My dad can't figure out why I've collected so many but my brother has caught on. I just like them and enjoy getting one to run and use it. Be it so, they are heavy compared to the newer saws but they aren't the same. Newer saws just don't sound the same and are screaming to whole time you are cutting, it doesn't have soul.

Steve

After looking around on the net, looks like a Mini Mac 6, so looks like I got a headache in store working on this little cuss. If, I mean if I get it running, it won't have a chain on it, too young for that. His dad got him a used cordless B&D leaf blower he likes to play with out in the yard blowing leaves.

Steve

My grandson has a little Mac his dad him. Wants me to get it running. Don't know what model the little thang is, air filter is on the left side and looks like the oiler works off the throttle lever by a rod.

Steve
I think the hardest part of fixing those little saws was was hooking the rod up to the oiler when putting it back together

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I watch a vid the chainsaw guy has on YouTube, don't look too bad, but he said he has done a lot of them. It ain't like I got a dead line to get it going. Right now I got my youngest daughter's late fiancee's saw on the bench. She wanted me to get it running. Been sitting for a few years. Messed with it some Saturday evening, got it to start-up but got some tuning to do on it.

Steve

No there ain't. I've still got a few more of mine to mess with but not in any hurry. Mostly top handles which needs a few parts. Got one I've got to install a timesert into the case for one of the cylinder bolts. PO stripped out the threads, installed a longer bolt and stripped out the rest of the threads. But I'm in not hurry. Also got an old Homelite bow saw to look at one of these days to see if it's worth fixing up and I think a 240 homie also.

Steve

Friend just gave me this 240 looks like it just needs carb work the super xl runs but the recoil is broke and the handle is broke but I have the parts for that so that's an easy fix
d62d12bdad4391430bf00355fbfa09c1.jpg

This is the Poulan I'm working on or that I keep going back to when I have time I think the needles are messed up on the carb going to try to put some new spring to see if that's the problem when I have time
c3da88256cc3fab30e690df2a7282656.jpg

Latest posts

Back