Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, same brand. Hard not forget, wouldn't make good either. Still have that piston sitting in the box it came in. Couldn't use the pin that came with it, too small for the rod and the piston bearings. If I was you, I'd test it with a piece of scotch brite, if chrome plated, it shouldn't scratch like mine would. I couldn't scratch the old piston I was replacing.

Steve

Wow,
Ok well this could be really bad news for me :( I will test the hardness with a scotch bright when I get home.... ****

I used this
7c84c1b608ec01e5d5b090c4c8466151.jpg

Steve

It's Saturday where is everyone and what is going on with you. Anyone find a new saw to work on. I need to dig into my 4000 that has a oiler issue.

Sunday morning here 7:30 about to load up the wagon and go cutting for the day. Will be taking the 4000 as always and a mac 800 a mac 700 also a mac 7-10 and a little husky 350. Yes I need more poulans I know:)

20190603_152618.jpg

Got this to cut up20190616_135409.jpg

It was like this20190428_075944.jpg

A 32inch bar seemed small at the stump 20190603_102215.jpg

Just shy of 6 feet:) a lot of work in these trees but good times indeed.

The 4000 is pulling a 20 inch and she cuts well but I feel the clutch is starting to go. It seems rather easy to stall the chain compared to my other saws. Is there anything I can do to get it biting better or just need new shoes?

I asked you boys about that 350 not running months ago it would idle happily but would not rev no matter what I set the carb at and had a feeling it was ignition well I replaced the coil and yup its away again. At 21 years old it's my newest saw by nearly 15 years lol and it's a little plastic toy really

54C847F7-CA63-47FE-AC1B-430B18E60BD3.jpeg FFDBF734-9F12-412C-B6ED-5DFD982E2B25.jpeg Well Todd I am here at work on the shitter looking at this thread. Unfortunately I have been working my bag off this week with very little time to myself...
I did manage to salvage an hour to the 3400 and got the crank bearings pressed in and the case seals as well. Today when I’m out of this **** hole I plan to maybe clean up my 550xp, **** around with the special screw and get my paypal going here.

What are you doing?

Sunday morning here 7:30 about to load up the wagon and go cutting for the day. Will be taking the 4000 as always and a mac 800 a mac 700 also a mac 7-10 and a little husky 350. Yes I need more poulans I know:)

View attachment 744004

Got this to cut upView attachment 744001

It was like thisView attachment 744002

A 32inch bar seemed small at the stump View attachment 744003

Just shy of 6 feet:) a lot of work in these trees but good times indeed.

The 4000 is pulling a 20 inch and she cuts well but I feel the clutch is starting to go. It seems rather easy to stall the chain compared to my other saws. Is there anything I can do to get it biting better or just need new shoes?
The first and last picture there are framable my friend, great pics!

It's Saturday where is everyone and what is going on with you. Anyone find a new saw to work on. I need to dig into my 4000 that has a oiler issue.
Well, first off my Kia Sportage wouldn't start, dang starter. Second thing was to haul it over to my brothers to work on it. Took over an hour to get one (1) bolt out . Don't think it was made to remove with the engine in the SUV. The other two bolt was out in two minutes. Well took almost an hour to install that same bolt. They say it takes and hour to replace the starter, right. Other than that, day was shot.

Steve

I’m gonna compare hardness with old one using a screwdriver on the inside as soon as I get home.Hopefully It will be obvious...

Inside the piston?

They only get chrome plating on the running surface, so just the outside.

Well, first off my Kia Sportage wouldn't start, dang starter.

Steve

Hey Steve,
Did you pull that old Kia starter apart for an autopsy?

Here’s my GM brush head from a 3900 V6 w/ an oil leak & 244000 miles, lol. Carbons were gone on the positive pair of brushes.

So I installed a new PGMR model brush head, degreased & cleaned it up, & it’s back to the races. An hour R&R, plus an hour cleaning that nasty thing up, for $15 total.

Post up a pic of that Kia starter’s guts!

C90499A3-ECD3-4638-95A6-7B652281BD2D.jpeg

Well it was this and then when I got back from lake this. Couldnt remember how long it had been since I fired up Gen. SOB! Better to find out now then when needed.

Running them dry and storing doesn't work either. E-free 90 and stabil for the Gen now too. Just like the saws, trimmers etc and boat.

boat5555.jpg gencarb.jpg efreepumpp.jpg

Back